First Ever Spa Room Moderator

Started by The Lady Shael, May 24, 2011, 12:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

For those of you who do not frequent Spa (it's almost like a community of it's own, isn't it?), Ungatt Trunn II has been promoted to Spa Room Moderator. Just to be clear, this does not make him an official RWL staff member, and his only scope of jurisdiction is the Spa Room. The RWL Staff trusts his judgment that he will continue to uphold the integrity and pointlessness of the Spa Room, and ensure it continues to bubble for everyone's enjoyment.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ungatt Trunn II

I'll be the first to say, I did not see this coming about 3 hours ago haha.

Nah I'll keep it going good.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Permanent? That's pretty stupid. Spa isn't supposed to have moderators. I can understand temporary as it's fun, but the novely will wear off soon enough.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Firetooth on May 24, 2011, 01:32:33 AM
Permanent? That's pretty stupid. Spa isn't supposed to have moderators. I can understand temporary as it's fun, but the novely will wear off soon enough.

If I had said "Second Ever Spa Room Moderator", would you be less upset? Honestly I had forgotten about DH, and Ungatt's responsibility as spa mod will not be unlike what DH was responsible for. he won't really be moderating, Firetooth, just helping to keep it active, now lighten up
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Twilight Shadow

Sharptooh

Why does the spa room need a moderator?

And why is making Ungatt the mod going to improve activity (which I already think it pretty decent)

Making him Mod is just going to scare people like me away from posting in the spa room as I know Ungatt will at least edit some posts using his abilities, I don't want those to be mine

It was fun when it was just a one of thing like with Ungatt before and DH to some extent, I don't think it would work permenantely though

The Lady Shael

You're right, Spa doesn't need a mod and never will need one. But in the past couple weeks, activity has actually been on a decline. This is just for fun, guys. Ungatt won't be going crazy with the mod powers like before. Read his topic in Spa.

If for some reason it isn't working out, then it doesn't work out. If activity levels change or Ungatt gets eaten by a Chad, then Spa will go back to having no mod, or we'll appoint a new one.

Sharptooh

Ok, thanks for the clarity Shael  :)

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 24, 2011, 08:33:54 AM
back to having no mod, or we'll appoint a new one.

A spa room mod election!? It could be like the real elections except with more controversy

Firetooth

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 24, 2011, 06:45:23 AM
Quote from: Firetooth on May 24, 2011, 01:32:33 AM

If I had said "Second Ever Spa Room Moderator", would you be less upset? Honestly I had forgotten about DH, and Ungatt's responsibility as spa mod will not be unlike what DH was responsible for. he won't really be moderating, Firetooth, just helping to keep it active, now lighten up

I dunno, DH was always a temporary mod and more just spur of the moment by holby. I know it's just for activity, but it still seems to disagree with the whole point of spa..it would be better if anybody could edit anybody's posts in spa, imo.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Are you joking? That wouldn't be fun at all. It works in UltraMod because it's serious discussion only, but if you give mod permissions to everyone (noobs included) in a forum with no restrictions or limitations...there would be no point to posting.

Firetooth

Yes it would be fun. The board is a joke anyway, and it would be more fun that if you edit something, somebody else can edit something you said. Atm, Unga just edits pretty much everything. Besides, if the board isn't serious, what's the harm in trying it? Also, unless I really missed something, I can't edit people's posts in UM. And if I can, surely that's an even bigger problem because I can just change some huge rant into "lol <3 Fyretwoth" or whatever.

Kilkenne

In the original version of the Ultra Mod forum, that was the concept, was that you could edit anyone's post. I'm not sure why Retto made it like that, but wolf bite had a really good explanation for it at the time. It also would say who edited posts and when so you could see if someone was editing your post to make you a buffoon. Maybe WB remembers why it was that way at one point.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Firetooth on May 24, 2011, 11:02:39 AM
Yes it would be fun. The board is a joke anyway, and it would be more fun that if you edit something, somebody else can edit something you said. Atm, Unga just edits pretty much everything. Besides, if the board isn't serious, what's the harm in trying it? Also, unless I really missed something, I can't edit people's posts in UM. And if I can, surely that's an even bigger problem because I can just change some huge rant into "lol <3 Fyretwoth" or whatever.

Obviously the point of UltraMod is that every post is under scrutiny from every member. If you do something stupid or immature once (and trust me you only have to do it once), then you'll get banned. For some reason the permissions got reset somewhere along the way, but UMD has functioned like that from the beginning, and no one ever misused it. The mod powers weren't used often...it was mostly a deterrent to pointless or insulting posts.

No one ever said Spa is a "joke". For how pointless Spa is sometimes, there are some really fun discussions that go on there (I'm actually ashamed of you, for taking this attitude). All the games, post warring...none of that would have any meaning if everyone there could edit posts. It would be fun for about a day. Then after that people would get annoyed.

Ungatt does not intend to edit everyone's posts (maybe a few to people who deserve it or to keep things fun). But we trust his judgment that he won't go overboard.

Sharptooh

*feels stupid for not realising that anyone could edit anything in UMD*

Sorry Firetooth, everyone being able to edit everything would kill the spa room . . . and Shael is right, there are some rational and meaningful discussions on there (it's better than it used to be)

As long as Ungatt doesn't go editing too many posts, I think it could work

Shadow

yeah, remember the edit war I had with Ungatt? It's all fun for a short while but it gets tedious very quickly. Ungatt did fine hen he had it for fun, I see no reason not to continue it, really. Spa could use some moderation anyway, I admit I don't venture in there enough myself to do it properly.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..