RWL Server Donations

Started by Peace Alliance, June 26, 2007, 01:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on July 30, 2008, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: Arguia Zsah on January 29, 2008, 01:35:27 PM
I would donate, but no debit card until I'm 18... (I hate my bank sometimes)

I wouldn't mind having a link to click on to raise money for RWL.

Get a Solo card, that's what I use.

I'll donate a couple of quid when I get round to it.  :)
your Avi is addicting

The Lady Shael

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that it isn't free for us to run this site, and donations are always appreciated. We love keeping this site ad-free and hope you appreciate too! I was looking around at other text-based games, and there are annoying ads EVERYWHERE, and it made me feel like RWL was so much more awesome.

So if you can spare the money to keep us going, please do. =)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Twilight Shadow

How much is need to keep this up a year or whatever the contract is?(message me if its to private)?

The Lady Shael

It's not really private since it's no secret our host is Bluehost, so it's about $7/$8 per month.

The money may also be used to do awesome things for RWL in other ways. ^.^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Twilight Shadow

Where would you want donations to go?

The Lady Shael

You mean what we would use the donations for? Advertising would be nice. I've been looking at the Facebook ads for a while, but to get decent coverage there you have to be willing to spend about $5/day.

I also have an experiment going on that I think you guys will like very much. ^.^

Twilight Shadow

I meant like where do you send the money too, you? area 51?

The Lady Shael

Oh, Peace has instructions in the first post of this topic. If you don't have paypal, you can message him and figure out some other way of getting the money to him.

The Lady Shael

Hey guys,

You might have noticed we've been having waves of new people coming in. This is because of the Facebook ad campaign I've set up for RWL. Right now, I am paying for it out of my own pocket, and unfortunately I can't afford to leave it up and running all the time. I've been turning it on for about a week at a time every month or so (it costs $3 a day right now the way I have it set up).

A lot of the new players you see in the game right now wouldn't be here without the Facebook ad, so it's definitely working. Please donate if you can so we can keep running the ad.

You can donate money to my Paypal account: mdnghtblue@gmail.com . If you don't have paypal but still want to donate, you can PM me and we can figure out a convenient donation method.

Thanks!

Shadow

I could donate, but don't have paypal. We will talk on msn. Can I write a Canadian $ cheque and get it cashed in merika? Will have to ask bank.

Ashyra Nightwing

Just got paid, I'm going to be slammin' some fine BRITISH POUNDS into the RWL fund in a minute

(edit: done)

Shadow

I got paypal and sent you some moneys

please let me know if it went through ok

The Lady Shael

Thanks Ashy and Shadow, I received your donations. =D

The Lady Shael

In case you guys are curious, this is what the ad looks like on Facebook: