Wut?s The best race to choose?

Started by , January 07, 2003, 08:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok ppl...post ur ideas on wut da bes race is. I appreciate dem a lot...Tnx!! :P  :P  :P  :P

Shael of Torethevel

I'm supposing you're the one in the chat room I met with Aden and Retto. The one who mangles the English language.. :P    Well, IMO, Wildcat, Stoat or Weasel is a good one to pick.  
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Kilkenne

I personally like Ferret because of the well balancedness(ification) of it's nature...but no one else seems to like them very much...and our special dealy sucks, if I must say so myself.

Bloodrath

I would have to go with wildcat. I just like them and the seem superior to most of the other races.Lizard is also not to bad.

Menatus

Lizard's good, as Retto could tell. I chose Fox because I made mine when Fox was the best thing to get (Rat, stoat, weasel or fox). It's special is the worst, quite pointless. I would rather be a Wildcat, loving cats and all.

windhound

The fox's main defect is it's military disadvantages... and it's special is very pointless, plus it messes up your main page, as I found out later...  
But I still think it is one of the best, the loyalty advantage and other such advantages help to even it out a bit...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Deathclaw

The Wildcat has a good defence bonus (+16%) and offense (+6%).  It's special gets you an amount of stoats, rats, and weasels relative to your networth.  Therefore, I must go with my own race, wildcat.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

General Austin

Dern. I should have done wild-cat. Marten stinks.... :(  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

When I chose my warlord type, I didn't even know about bonuses. I was just lucky that my character, Ashyra, is a wildcat.

RazorClaw

I chose wolf because of it's bonuses buying troops.

Krull of the Kaptors

After a long descision, when I made my new horde I was confused as to what to pick. I decided to pick Wildcat on my own terms. The defence is superb and the attack great too. Although some problems have arisen due to costs but the training balances it out very nicely.

calria

hmmm... when I signed up my account I didn't know about race bonuses either... I chose Stoat because I had read the RW books and figured it would be better than rat or weasel. and foxes are too... well... foxy. that was before all the other races, and I'm too lazy to switch lol

Retto

Well, personally, I go for the lizard, because it's the race you choose when you want...land. And I want land. With a scouting bonus, an attacking bonus, and an EXTRA attacking bonus (though seldom used) as the skill, it is the perfect race for going up quick, as I did, by moving to where you get lots of bonuses, scouting a lot, and then using your boni to attack.

By contrast, Peacemakers is a marten. Why? Because Martens make money. They've got a huge income bonus, and their skill is...making super-extra money. Admittedly, I don't accumulate much loyalty with my 5 huts to use the gold mining option.

Were I interested in Pony Raising, I'd choose flitcheye. Why? Because, as people spread out to all the different locations, there will be less and less incentive to prepare those raiders just to attack someone who's burrowed. That, when the Revolution started, was a great aid in not getting clobbered (as I was allied with everyone in my location at that time).

Foxes, also, I think are good...Falsify documents is a great skill in terms of messing up estimations of attacks....and, well, each race is well justified to different things...
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

calria

what does falsify documents do, exactly?

Deathclaw

For the next ten espionage attempts against you, your stats are off by a certain amount.  Changes what you see on the Main Menu.  It is really pointless and I hated it when I was a fox before.
Glory, Glory, Man United!