Wut?s The best race to choose?

Started by , January 07, 2003, 08:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

It doesn't sound useful- I chose Weasels because of the fairly high defense and the -10% food cost- I never build enough foragers...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Menatus

I'm always getting too much food per turn. I still think Fox is stupid. If I could restart I'd definately do Wildcat. And not just because I love cats ^_^;;;

Tnx everybody. I chose Wildcat!!

General Austin

Wow. I want to change myself to Wildcat. *sigh* :(  <_<  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Menatus

Me too :( What does Revolt do? Can it change your species? Though 100 turns would be a waste of time.

calria

yeah it changes your species.
with the 100 turns and all that other stuff, though, you could just about acheive any benefit that you'd get from switching.
*clings to stoat-hood*

Shael of Torethevel

Sometimes I wish I changed myself to Stoat or Wildcat....but there's no way I'm giving up 100 turns for that, I'm satisfied enough with Weasel.
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Orcrist

Weasels are cool- don't diss them.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Aldor Plain Walker

I choose wildcat when I first started not really knowing what the bonuses did for you.  Now that I know what they do, I will list every race into best, good, poor, and worst catagories, starting with the worst.

Worst:
Marten...  they can make money, but what good is that if you can't fight?

Fox...  Is probably the best if you never have to fight, but everyone has to fight.  After about the first 500 turns, Fox is worse than Marten

Poor:
Lizard...  You can get alot, but you will never keep it.  Lizards are great until people start attacking you back.

Rat...  You get more troops than anyone else, but you can't do a thing with them.  Even if you don't get attacked, your gonna kill yourself because you will have more troops than you can feed.

Good:
Wolf...  It may be hard to defend, but if you build right, you can cover that minor flaw.  Wolves have the best leadership.  If you play it right, you can just focus all your troops on defense and kill everyone with leaders.  Wolves are about the only race that can take land from people 10 ranks above them and get by with it, but only if you are carefull

Stoat....  Best race for a newbie, I think.  For people that really know the game, Stoats may be a poor race.  Reason I included Stoats as "good" is because a stoat played right has no real weakness.

Weasel....  They are much like a wildcat, not as strong in the strong area, but not as weak in the weak area also.  You won't be able to make an impact on anyone above your NW, but what you win in combat is most likely yours to keep.  Maybe the best race for brainless cheese eaters to use.

Best!!!!
Wildcat...  Most people agree that a Wildcat is the best race to play.  They have the best defense of any race, and a strong offense as well.  Wildcats also have a lesser known weakness that alot of people don't see.  I'm not gonna give this weakness away, since I'm a Wildcat in RWL.  I will say that any Wildcat is no match for a smart wolf, even though I ranked wolf  as less than a wildcat.

Flitcheye...  If I ever get destroyed in RWL, I think I will come back as a Flitcheye.  They have a strength that very few have uncovered.  In fact, I know of only one person that takes advantage of the Flitcheyes true strength.  I won't give away the name of this person because I want to see how he comes along with his stratagy.  Flitcheye is for sure the hardest race to own, but I think potentially the best.

Feel free to add your comments.

(I had to edit because of the formatting and the false info I put about wildcats vs wolves)

K i chose Wildcat...I like da attack, defence bonuses, as well as its special skill!

Abby The Rat

I know the Flitcheye sten my self. In the next revolt I might do if I do it. I will become a Flitcheye. I wonder how many ppl know its?
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

General Austin

In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

This thread is like way closed. Nobody cares anymore.

P.S. Don't Smoke Raisins!!!

Wickedclaw

I am a bloody rat, which sucks, but I dont want to revolt. They are ok but, I really dont get any bonuses, which I really wish I could have. But you know what, I was and am still in and out, one of the first rats in the top 10, besides some a people a while back.

Kelmoran

I like Marten the best, just because it's so easy to make money.  Money will almost always eventually become a problem with any other race, but not with Marten.
KELMORAN

I have often been the victim of this incessant rigmarole, which in itself is redundant rhetoric... But if you're going to bring up the issue of my mental stability, then maybe you'd just better have a look in the mirror, there, buddy.  Insanity is intrinsic to the sane functions of the mind.