Intro thread?

Started by Wordsarecool, September 14, 2012, 01:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wordsarecool

Mhmmm... I've known about this site for a LOOOONNNGGG time but never signed up. Heh
I have been a member of the Vulpine Imperium for a while though.

Anyhow, I just created an account today, and a warlord (Vyrank, #814).
I cant believe I hadnt signed up earlier, you guys look like you've got a great game here.

Shadow

Welcome to RWL! If you have any questions just ask - it can be challenging getting into the game for the first time.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wordsarecool

Well I guess I'll ask a few questions then, somethings I'm curious about.

1. At what rate are new turns gained?
2. How important, exactly, is money ingame? Food definetly seems to have use, but other then buying mercenaries, money doesnt seem to be all that useful.
3. What do towers do?

Flitchaye Warrior

And I shall answer them.

A1. 1 turn every ten minutes.

A2. You need money to pay for troops and buy lottery tickets.

A3. They give your troops a defense bonus I think.

Wordsarecool

I see.

Which reminds me, what is the difference between Rats, Weasels, Stoats, and Skiffs?

I assume each type of soldier has some specialty. I was wondering what that may be.
Skiffs probably have something to do with water.

Flitchaye Warrior

Each one is better than the other. Skiffs are strongest, Stoats are second strongest, Weasels are second weakest,  and rats are weakest. Get it?

Wordsarecool

Flitchaye Warrior

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wordsarecool

Wow. This is the most active RW-based site I think I've ever been on.

Flitchaye Warrior

Wordsarecool

windhound

Welcome!

A bit of additional info:

1)  Turns are one every ten min for reg, five every ten for turbo.
Reg and Turbo are running different code bases atm.  Turbo is running something new that's being worked on.  Very similar, but the formulas have been played with.  Strategies on one will not work directly on the other.
Reg is reset very rarely.
Turbo is reset monthly on the 28th and is usually running some sort of theme.  Please see the turbo forum for more info.

2)  Money is used mostly to feed and buy troops.  Your mercs will be small initially but increase with your land (iirc, might also be tied to networth).  The game market is generally fairly active as well.  
Your troop type determines how much cash / food they eat.

3)  Towers are for defense.  They make you harder to break, but do not effect leader missions.

4)  Rats are cheap, easy to train and die fast.  Skiffs are expensive, hard to train and die slowly.  Weasels and stoats fall inbetween.  
Rats are highly offensive, usually easy to break with.
Weasels are highly defensive, usually hard to break with.
Stoats are moderately offensive.
Skiffs are moderately defensive.
I'll get you the modifiers later if you'd like.

The race you choose when signing up also has an effect.  The race charts are different for each game.  Some train troops faster, use less food, scout more land, etc.  They're reasonably balanced out so there's no 'super' race, but if you look at the top ten you can get an idea of what everyone's running.
If you want to change race there's a 'revolt' option in Manage Army, it does cost you a little bit.

We're a little smaller site than we once were, but not as small as we've been.  This site has been up for nearly 10 years now.  
Glad to have you
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't