The Regular Report

Started by Juska, April 23, 2009, 07:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I already said I don't care, just lock and get it over with so we can get on with reg
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

there is no intention of locking
I don't have the resources for that

I wouldn't call 35k a land lock anyways
just leaves a good ratio for making resources that's all

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Death

Briar

Quote from: Peace Alliance on May 28, 2009, 11:54:28 AM
Quote from: Truth on May 28, 2009, 04:01:45 AM
Quote from: Juska on May 27, 2009, 07:39:03 AM
no land is being locked.

Open your eyes and you will see, there is no Truth in that statement
lol! Holding 35k unopposed for 12 hours? If that's locking land then half the game is doing it!

Maybe Truth was more talking about the NW he's sitting on?? dunno....you're right though, not much of a land lock
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Death Eater

how long are these resets? Whats the overall point of this game? When you play other sites, like Valhall and QMT, the game resets every month, and when each set ends, the rankings/networths are saved to the history, and so the entire month is devoted to trying to have the highest possible net (or clan net) at the very end of the set. Every game needs a competitive driving force behind it or it becomes boring. I've been playing this game for a month now and my clan is sitting first in total and average net (BlackFly)...then I ask myself, "what are we building towards? why bother?" At QMT, each set I am working on honing my current strat or learning a new strat to finish higher in the rankings than ever before, either individually (if thats my goal) or as a clan. Clans war so that they will end up above the other clans at the end of the set, thus winning.

So, someone enlighten me: Whats the point of playing here? Whats the "goal" of the game? (Juska/Perseus, you've played both extensively, I'd like to hear your input as well)
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

Turbo is like that, reg doesn't reset though.

Sometimes we just net, more or less peacefully, because the balance of power is such that no one can take and hold the top. That's the case right now. There are enough veteran players doing their own thing that a serious emp attempt by any of them would result in a long, bloody, and somewhat pointless war. Sometimes, that is the case, but attempts are made anyway. The Woof-BlackFly war was just that sort of war. I lost count of the number of times the two clans took each other down. Other times you get enough veteran players working together to overwhelm the game. Such as the ROME, the TBV group, and League. The point of reg is, in general, to take and hold the top spot and possibly much of the land for a prolonged period of time. The rest of the people try and prevent that, and of course try and do so themselves.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death

Quote from: Death Eater on May 29, 2009, 11:47:47 AM
how long are these resets? Whats the overall point of this game? When you play other sites, like Valhall and QMT, the game resets every month, and when each set ends, the rankings/networths are saved to the history, and so the entire month is devoted to trying to have the highest possible net (or clan net) at the very end of the set. Every game needs a competitive driving force behind it or it becomes boring. I've been playing this game for a month now and my clan is sitting first in total and average net (BlackFly)...then I ask myself, "what are we building towards? why bother?" At QMT, each set I am working on honing my current strat or learning a new strat to finish higher in the rankings than ever before, either individually (if thats my goal) or as a clan. Clans war so that they will end up above the other clans at the end of the set, thus winning.

So, someone enlighten me: Whats the point of playing here? Whats the "goal" of the game? (Juska/Perseus, you've played both extensively, I'd like to hear your input as well)
I think it's to be in 1st for 10 days or something, I don't know. It resets whenever an admin feels like it though.

Juska

Is the Death posting the same Death as the Valhall Death?

Oh and D.E.

The point the of regular I suppose is to become Emperor, which you do by holding first for ten days straight. Really politics are a pretty big part of regular, you do what you want really. So um, the point is to become the Emperor and then talk about it on the forum after you do...... Regular is really all about empire progression. That and holding top spots and complete server domination. When I first started playing a clan called Slayer held all top ten spots and since Reg. never reset well basically they owned the game and people had to try and remove them from power. Even more than just holding the top spot Reg. is all about locking land, if you can lock land for a decent period of time then basically you win, locking land usually coincides with being Emperor. Right now there are too many players who know what they are doing to lock land, the top player would have to basically double net while his clan killed/destroyed the top 4 or 5 other players in order to do it, and you really need a bit of dedication to make that happen.

I was pretty lost after playing QMT and coming back here and the whole no rounds thing, I don't think turbo even had rounds back in the day (I hazard to believe I play some role in bringing rounds here). Turbo is for rounds, Reg. is for Emperors.

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Death

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThe point the of regular I suppose is to become Emperor, which you do by holding first for ten days straight.

Nominally anyway, true emperors generally hold the top for a much longer period of time.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Clan Rankings - By Average Networth (3 Member Minimum)
Clan Name Tag Members Average Networth Total Networth
On Top 1 5 $260,047,109 $1,300,235,546
BlackFly BlackFly 5 $237,556,269 $1,187,781,345
The Dog Clan Woof 3 $133,768,364 $401,305,091

whatsis??? on top = #1 clan? oooo
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

I think we're also the first to get over a billion on a single account.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

lol, first time you've ranked above us in weeks and you post it to brag.

Wolf Snare

Do you blame us, Ollie? Despite your personal vendetta against Cloud, we have doubled our networth in under a week. Quite impressive.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on June 02, 2009, 01:05:58 PM
Do you blame us, Ollie? Despite your personal vendetta against Cloud, we have doubled our networth in under a week. Quite impressive.
When you have 4 vets in your team you could do better imo, no offence intended.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.