Embarrassing antics

Started by Holby, November 03, 2008, 11:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Shadow and I were killed by Peace Alliance and co.

Ereptor has sat on top for months now, and while he has faced opposition, it has been almost solely in the form of leader suicides. Fair enough.

Now, after three months, they've realised that it's not working. Yes, it did take that long. And now they're out of ideas.

So Joy Division, #572 and Shadow, #6, were killed. Let's assume that it was a tactical move.

Now, they can't run for another 3 days because they've spent all their turns killing us. But in those 3 days, Shadow and I will be out of protection and aided back to our previous position. We've been stopped for a couple of days, but that's all. If it were only Shadow and I assisting Ereptor, it would have been a reasonable move.

Unfortunately, there are at least 4 others. Ereptor runs solo, he only needs one other person to run with him. 6 of us would have to be killed every run to achieve any desired affect in stopping Ereptor.

So it's a stupid tactic.

It doesn't achieve anything but vengeance. These players are upset that they can't figure out how to topple Ereptor, so they've targeted the rest of us out of spite.

Cheap, juvenile. Sorry you suck, guys.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Yay for perspective. I lost 16 hour worth of turns, and a pile of rats that weren't helping anyone. Next to Ereptor, the losses were trivial (You killed about 2.5% of Ereptor's net. Do that 40 times and it will have amounted to burning Ereptor in effigy while he lords over you still). When it has been demonstrated that this tactic is a complete waste of your time, kindly move on to something more interesting. I fully exptected the skill level arrayed against us to come up with something a little more creative and inspiring.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

Eesh, your lack of understanding is somewhat embarrassing holbs.

Anyway, I already made a post with my statement about the kills...

The Obliterator

Quote from: Holby on November 03, 2008, 11:02:41 PM
Shadow and I were killed by Peace Alliance and co.

Ereptor has sat on top for months now, and while he has faced opposition, it has been almost solely in the form of leader suicides. Fair enough.

Now, after three months, they've realised that it's not working. Yes, it did take that long. And now they're out of ideas.

So Joy Division, #572 and Shadow, #6, were killed. Let's assume that it was a tactical move.

Now, they can't run for another 3 days because they've spent all their turns killing us. But in those 3 days, Shadow and I will be out of protection and aided back to our previous position. We've been stopped for a couple of days, but that's all. If it were only Shadow and I assisting Ereptor, it would have been a reasonable move.

Unfortunately, there are at least 4 others. Ereptor runs solo, he only needs one other person to run with him. 6 of us would have to be killed every run to achieve any desired affect in stopping Ereptor.

So it's a stupid tactic.

It doesn't achieve anything but vengeance. These players are upset that they can't figure out how to topple Ereptor, so they've targeted the rest of us out of spite.

Cheap, juvenile. Sorry you suck, guys.

Yes but the aid you need to get back up is aid you cannot send to Ereptor.
So go ahead go through with your threat kill 2 for each one that we kill.
Have fun killing 4 people :P
Accually killing you guys has huge advantages.
Also if killing is so cheep then why have you guys supported it in the past.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

When have we supported reg kills?

It's not cheap, it's silly. You huys used 1800 turns to kill mw an holbs, who lost a total of 200 combined. 1800 turns could go a long way toward something actually useful.

windhound

Quote from: Shadow on November 04, 2008, 06:36:19 AM

It's not cheap, it's silly. You huys used 1800 turns to kill mw an holbs, who lost a total of 200 combined. 1800 turns could go a long way toward something actually useful.

Unfortunately you forget, we're a larger group than yall.  If needed 3 or 4 members could be delegated towards nothing but continually killing.  It doest take much skill to kill.
The rest can continue to build up without hindrance from yall

I mean, there is such a thing as not making it too easy.  But its annoying to be torn to shreds even though you had your shields raised and a really good ratio.
This is one method of dealing with it
Not one I particularly like, but eh.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

But it doesn't matter. Break protection, make clan, do run, get killed, repeat. The end result is the same. You guys waste vaulable turns killing to no effect while Ereptor continues to make several hundred million net per run. Hey, keep it up and soon you wouldn't be able to reach him with a 40 foot pole.

Your idea would have worked back at the start, before Ereptor was the powerhouse he is now and our runs actually contributed something to his. At this point in time, it is foolish. If it weren't so annoying to get killed I wouldn't even mention it because it just makes our life easier in that we basically have nothing to worry about in term of Ereptor getting taken down, but it is a bit undignified to have to revive your account every few days.

When you guys realize that this isn't working, I hope you have the sens to stop and come up with something a little more ... rational?

Firetooth

all is fair in love and war
its a war game. Taking empship isn't exactly fair or nice either.
Only now do I see the truth in "plz lend me land tell my when your down tnx" ::)
I agree killing isn't a nice tactic, but there's no rule against it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gorak

it took them over 3 months to realize the futility in leader suicides
don't expect anything different this time

buckle up, this isn't gonna be over anytime soon

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

windhound

I love the "them" and the "3 months"
I really do.

You make fun that a resistance took forever to get rolling, then pretend it existed from the start

Sticker started gathering people 1.5 months ago.  I've got timestamps.  Its just been in the last two weeks that any coordination at all has occurred

Slow as molasses, but you know...  I think the main point to take away is that people dont care.  Ereptor's minions arent doing enough, if anything.
Its almost the reign of Ereptor, Lord of Sunshine and Puppies for all the oppression I've noticed
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

holy crap
your complaining that we're too nice?!

well, in that case,
I have a message from a friend named Death, as to your complaint that we are too nice

he say's

QuoteI'm back, and I'll be sure to work on that.

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Peace Alliance

Ya, so Death has backstabbed us. Way to go? I'm sure it took courage to ditch us and join the winning team.

and HAH, gorak you're funny. 3 months ago i was hunting caribou on the tundra. There was no other human being for 100 miles around me not to mention internet!

Holby

You have more people on your side, but by your own admission, you are completely disorganised.

I would love to see you get 4 people every day to kill us all- but you can't. So you'll fail, and continue to fail. I find being killed frustrating, but all it means is that it'll another 3 months to work out it's not doing anything.

Go ahead, keep making kill runs. See how far you get. :)
I will not deleted this

The Obliterator

Acually it went to somthing very usefull you forget that indys can make net and kill at the same time.
In those kill runs me and space made over 200 mil net.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Quote from: The Obliterator on November 04, 2008, 09:52:07 PM

Acually it went to somthing very usefull you forget that indys can make net and kill at the same time.
In those kill runs me and space made over 200 mil net.

So in those runs, you made 2.5% of the emperor's net. =/

Kill me 40 times and you will have the same net. Which would take 120 days, or 4 months. But wait... Ereptor makes well over double that in a run. Crap. Guess that won't work either.

But he's right about us being too nice... we haven't really followed up on any of those proclamations we made. Let's get on that.