Question

Started by windhound, November 04, 2003, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

meh..  a non-Rome topic for once..  
I need support on this subject for a school report that is due, err, tomarrow, so if you can reply asap..  

Are the hallways at your school crouded?  
if so, occasional groups of people will more than likly cluster together, forming blocks in the hallways, impeeding the progress of the masses for the 3-6 people who stop to chat...  
This happens reguarly at my school, and I would like to know if it happens elsewhere (I assume it does)  and what you feel about them..  or if you are one of the ones who stop to chat, explain your side..  

hope most of that made sense, I'm trying to rush..  oh, and leave your state and school name if you dont mind...  thankee..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Ontario, Canada

Halls are VERY crowded. The school is built for 300 and has 1100.

The 'lil grade 9's stand around in the middle of that hall blocking everyone and it drives me insane. Sometimes a bunch of us will just walk straight through them, throughing them into lockers and stuff, hoping they get the point. Its very annoying.

Nohcnonk

Parchment Middle School in Michigan

We got an ok sized school with two floors, and the halways to get crowded a bit.  It flows pretty easy most the time but there are always a group of people that are talking and walking slow in a line so that no one can get by without asking or pushing them out of the way, and the latter happens more often :lol:   Some people just sit there in the hallway talking to someone who is lockers away.  The 8th grade lockers are small too ;)  

The Lady Shael

Tsk, tsk, Windy, you're just like me...I'm an expert at procrastinating...

West Shore Jr/Sr High, Florida-

As my English teacher would say, not so much. Seriously, our school is very small, maybe only 300 students. And it's grades 7-12. So we never get crowded hallways. Sometimes people jam up in groups to chat with each other in an intersection, and it annoys me when I have to walk around them, or push them politely out of my way.
It depends, I guess. Some hallways seem to be empty, and others are impossible to walk through. We have an 'outdoor' school, by the way. As in, hallways are outside. Which is not so good when it starts to rain. Then we have to stick close to the wall, which makes the hallways even more crowded.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Veranor

Quote from: windhoundmeh..  a non-Rome topic for once..  
I need support on this subject for a school report that is due, err, tomarrow, so if you can reply asap..  

Are the hallways at your school crouded?  
if so, occasional groups of people will more than likly cluster together, forming blocks in the hallways, impeeding the progress of the masses for the 3-6 people who stop to chat...  
This happens reguarly at my school, and I would like to know if it happens elsewhere (I assume it does)  and what you feel about them..  or if you are one of the ones who stop to chat, explain your side..  

hope most of that made sense, I'm trying to rush..  oh, and leave your state and school name if you dont mind...  thankee..
At the high school, it is fairly bad, but I'm only there for one period, and it doesn't bother me much. (It's getting worse at the middle school though :( )

Colonie Central High School in New York

It bothers me a lot. Especially when you have two people talking or something more intimate right in front of your locker/ a door. We have about 2000 kids? I mean, the school is big, and there is enough space, it's just the matter of people doubling/tripling up in lines so they can talk which really causes the problems. It's horrible for me, since everyone else is at least a foot taller than me, and 2 years my senior, so it's kind of tough to yell at some senior that's 5 years older than you, to move out of your way, or you'll be late. So, I go in at about 7:10, to miss most of the heavy traffic. I wish they'd make rules, but they'd never get enforced. Also, the thing I hate more than that, is which side people are walking on. You're supposed to be walking on the right side, but that never happens. I've rounded corners and bumped into a teacher, gotten in trouble, etc. EXCEPT THEY were on the WRONG SIDE, and running with hot coffee.  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Veranor

Quote from: The Lady ShaelTsk, tsk, Windy, you're just like me...I'm an expert at procrastinating...

West Shore Jr/Sr High, Florida-

As my English teacher would say, not so much. Seriously, our school is very small, maybe only 300 students. And it's grades 7-12. So we never get crowded hallways. Sometimes people jam up in groups to chat with each other in an intersection, and it annoys me when I have to walk around them, or push them politely out of my way.
It depends, I guess. Some hallways seem to be empty, and others are impossible to walk through. We have an 'outdoor' school, by the way. As in, hallways are outside. Which is not so good when it starts to rain. Then we have to stick close to the wall, which makes the hallways even more crowded.
Heh, my Spanish teacher was telling me about how they had that in the school in Mexico where she taught English. I laughed so hard, because it was supposed to be a very rainy area.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

The Lady Shael

Hm. You laugh, but it's not funny. The hallways have roofs, but when the wind blows, there's no escaping. And the walkways from the portables are roof-less. I remember walking into algebra one rainy day, and everyone thought I fell in a puddle or something...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Veranor

I laughed as in a, "I can relate" type of idea. Truthfully, our building is split up, and several wings are not connected. Imagine going from 2nd floor east side of a huge building, outside in the rain, to a tech lab on the other side of the property, then walking back to catch a bus to be dropped off near the middle school.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Beem

Oh yes happens all the time.  Maine, Sumner Memorial High School,

There are like big groups of people in the halls and block the ways all the time.  I am thinking we need to create lounges for people to go in and hang out so the halls aren't crowded.   But my school is to (I am so stupid it poor... anyway, it is mainly the jocks and their girls that hangout int he senior wing all around lockers...  and unfortunately most of them pile on my locker as my locker is right in the middle of the jock central. (*curses cruel irony*)  *tosses skittles* hope you have a nice report!

Peace, love, and a bag of skittles.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Blackeyes

Well here we go.

Ontario Canada Anderson Collegiate Secondary School.

I usually hit people aside like Peace or I am the one doing the talking lol!
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Bloodrath

Ah yes, crowed hallways. I experience it every day at Notre Dame College Secondary School. Though sometimes it is a funny situation. I am almost 6'3, a defensive tackle, and well er, me and some of my football team go through the halls it is pretty fun. Little grade nines all over the place scatter, as we walk down the middle. Ah, good times those are. Though, I do stop and talk with friends often, mostly before first period starts and well everyone in the school is basically doing the exact same thing, except for the Principle and to V.P?s. Always on are backs for tucking in uniforms and such. *Mutters* Anyway, way you have a size advantage, always good to give people a good yell or punch when the just won't move when you want to move.

Menatus

Lake Park, Illinois.

Yes, very crowded. Me and my friends are often people stopping and chatting, as well. Sometimes.

Mark

*lol* My school only 26 people in it, and half are Gr. K-2, and the other half is made a class of
3 Gr. fours, 4 Gr. fives, six Gr. sevens, and 2 Gr. eights (I'm one of them).  I guess you couldn't called that a problem.  I'm going to Hampton High next year, though ('cause the school I'm going doesn't have Gr. nine).  Jo is going to that one...

Mark Duchesne, New Brunswick.
Divine Mercy Catholic School.
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Blackeyes

Quote from: Mark*lol* My school only 26 people in it, and half are Gr. K-2, and the other half is made a class of
3 Gr. fours, 4 Gr. fives, six Gr. sevens, and 2 Gr. eights (I'm one of them).  I guess you couldn't called that a problem.  I'm going to Hampton High next year, though ('cause the school I'm going doesn't have Gr. nine).  Jo is going to that one...

Mark Duchesne, New Brunswick.
Divine Mercy Catholic School.
Only 26 people?!!??!?!!? Wooo! Is it a private school?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Ashyra Nightwing

Yes... I go to Tomlinscote School in Frimley... It has 1500 people, and I get squished every time I step out of the classroom door.