The Christian corner

Started by Wyanor, May 09, 2013, 03:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyanor

I honestly am just attempting to state my beliefs. Not force people into it. I was going to remove nasty comments with language from this thread but as they are lowsy admins here I don't even have the right to remove them. That's how it works here. You tick of the regulators and stuff and they remove your rights. I think I'll just stick with lords and knights from now on.
I am an Orthodox Christian.

Gen. Volkov

We can make some pretty shrewd guesses as to what Jesus looked like. As for Hell, it is a threat, whether it exists or not, because it's basically used in this way: "Believe in Jesus, OR ELSE!". Like I said, it's theological terrorism, bringing converts through fear. There is no love involved in such a theology, though it is often claimed. If you want to post that image in every spa thread, be my guest, I rarely come here anyway, if you post it in every thread on the forum, you'll get banned. BTW, I love how your reaction to my questioning of your belief system is a threat. Informational terrorism, in this case. "Stop questioning my belief system, OR ELSE!"

Oh, and I didn't go astray from God, Christians like you forced me away from God, because their reactions to my simple childhood questions were "Believe in God or go to hell sinner! DO NOT QUESTION IT!" I couldn't be part of a religion like that. Curiosity should not be a sin. I was raised in a Christian family, BTW, though they are not the Christians who forced me away from God.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

You're not on probation or anything, you should be able to edit your own posts.

And if you'd learned a trick or two from God, you'd have tried threatening us to persuade us to share your beliefs. It is the equivalent of what hell is.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAnd Volk, the picture was stereotypical white Jesus. Cute.

Yeah, I figured as much.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wyanor

I believe that if I found God as an Islamic person I would believe in Him. But I can't really say. They kill people because they think it'll send them to heaven. Oh and Allah is just an Arabic word for God by the way. I have Arabic people in my Christian church. Just because it means God however, does not mean he is the same God as the Christians.                                                                                                                                                                         And when I say we cant understand God it is true. He created us and we are lower than Him he created the facts and truths, so who are we to say that He is wrong? Can you tell me that. Say you were a Christian, what would you think of God?

Wyanor

I don't have to get banned because I'm going to leave.

Wyanor

There are better more fun and detailed games to play.

Gen. Volkov

Good. Bye. Seeya. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Wyanor

Ha. Knew you'd say something like that. I won't miss you either.

Ungatt Trunn II

I hate myself for this, but:
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Wyanor on May 28, 2013, 01:56:46 PM
And I am not trying to force anybody to do anything and if you continue that thought process I will do nothing but post that image in every thread.

Wyanor, you're basically saying "I won't force you guys" however "IF YOU CONTINUE ARGUING I'LL DO NOTHING BUT SPAM FORUM WITH JESUS!"

Can you see why people here are maybe a little hostile to you?

I don't think you should leave because of this though, the forums can be a really fun place, some people just don't appreciate you trying to force your beliefs of them. For example would you appreciate it if I was creating threads about atheism and how anyone who believes in god is stupid? I doubt it somehow.

if you are leaving because you don't enjoy the game, then fair enough, but if you are leaving because of threads like this I think you are making a mistake - wouldn't it be better to focus on the things you have in common with us? Think about what guidance does bible offers in terms of getting along with people of differing beliefs (the good Samaritan)?

Genevieve

Quote from: Firetooth on May 28, 2013, 02:04:17 PM
*You're.

If you're only defence is ...

Well that's embarrassing.

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Drakus

meow

Wyanor

Fine I'll stay. And I'm going to try not getting involved in religious arguments.