The Christian corner

Started by Wyanor, May 09, 2013, 03:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyanor

Before I quit arguing religion I'd like to make one more point. How many of you think a man landed on the moon?
I am an Orthodox Christian.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteDO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

We aren't trolls.

QuoteBefore I quit arguing religion I'd like to make one more point. How many of you think a man landed on the moon?

I know a man landed on the moon, because I've done the experiment where you bounce a laser off the mirror the Apollo astronauts put on the moon and use the time difference to measure the distance. But I'm sure your intention was for someone to say yes, and then ask "why?" or "how do you know", and then somehow equate whatever answer they give to faith. Except it doesn't work, because A) most of the astronauts who landed on the moon are still alive to talk about doing so, and B) the verifications we have from historical evidence are a heck of a lot more accurate and way less self-contradicting than the Bible.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wyanor

A) people will lie to you B) your dang good at guessing my intentions. That's all folks I'm done arguing religion unless insulting remarks are thrown at me. Hope we can all get along.

Ungatt Trunn II

People wrote the bible, people made religion.

People lie to you.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Gen. Volkov

QuoteA) people will lie to you

People, yes, but an entire organization, for 50 years? With no leaks? Believing that takes more faith than believing in God, IMO. LOL.

QuoteB) your dang good at guessing my intentions.

In this case, it wasn't that hard, as I've run across similar analogies.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Nobody wants you to leave, Wyanor, or to not believe in god. We just don't approve of homophobic comments, or people trying to cram their beliefs down peoples throats. I was like that then when I first joined, and I'm not quite as loathed as I was. :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wyanor

As I said, I am done arguing about religion. Politics is a different matter however. ;) If a moderator would not mind, could this thread be closed. Some not so nice things have been said by me and other guys. I would prefer hate laden arguments here to disperse. However, it is your choice and I'll leave it to you. I want to know if any of you would like to read a piece of a book I am writing. I'll post it in another thread, but I need to know that nobody will copy it. It is fictional adventure.

Wyanor

I'd also like the right to remove unsavory comments from my post. I won't abuse it this time. Promise.

Ungatt Trunn II

WHY DON'T YOU PRAY THEM AWAY PRIVATE WYANOR? IF GOD WANTED IT GONE HE WOULD HAVE MIRACLED THEM AWAY BY NOW!
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Wyanor

I asked a question soldier! I want an answer! Would you like to read the bit of book?! :P

Ungatt Trunn II

I'm asking the questions here Private! Do you understand me?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

I'll read your book extract.  :) Though I warn you now, I'm going to give constructive criticism if I think I can help you improve your piece. Hopefully you are alright with that?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wyanor

That's the reason I posted it.

Krowdon

Quote from: Wyanor on May 29, 2013, 01:52:54 PM
As I said, I am done arguing about religion. Politics is a different matter however. ;) If a moderator would not mind, could this thread be closed. Some not so nice things have been said by me and other guys. I would prefer hate laden arguments here to disperse. However, it is your choice and I'll leave it to you. I want to know if any of you would like to read a piece of a book I am writing. I'll post it in another thread, but I need to know that nobody will copy it. It is fictional adventure.

I'm going to lock this as requested in 24 hours, however you have the right to modify your posts without mod powers if you want to. There's a "edit post button"
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Genevieve

Why would you lock one of the only threads in spa that actually has some level if discussion?