Sig Length Diet...

Started by The Lady Shael, September 28, 2004, 03:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

The limit is now 5000 characters, rather than the 50,000 it was before. Enjoy. ^_~

*cackles evilly*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

Good. At one point it was only 1000 characters, but hat was to short. This is a good lenght.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Shytalon

A thousand's all right, even 500 seems a bit much. I mean, honestly, what is the point in showing someone 5000 characters of text over and over again, since those with the longest sigs seem to enjoy showing them off all the time, as well. Subliminal messages? Repetitive learning? What?
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

windhound

...but can you limit random's?  the answer is, apparently, yes..  the forum actually told me when I was making it that it had gotten too long, but it was rather odd in formatting..  a few lines = like 5 characters..  *shrugs*

*pats random*  'e's my special account, yiss indeed...

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shytalon

Well, yeah. A return is a character. A space, in some systems, is a character. In some, any keystroke is a character. As well it should be.
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

windhound

yet, the space left by 'return' or 'enter' isnt exactly, well, a character " " <==  that is a character, a physical space separating the quotations..  

thoes two spaces above are not characters..  simply, well, space..  all depends on how the program likes to see it, my sig does not have too many characters, but is simply too long as the forum sees it...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Scarwake

Hmmm....I wonder if this takes any affect on my signature's length, thus the reason I'm actually posting....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

bjornredtail

The only thing I have aginst sig leignth restrictions is they limit the extravigance of the UBBC code you can put in your sig. Otherwise, It don't effect me, seeing as I have, and have had the signatures off for a while now.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ashyra Nightwing

Mwahahaha.... Haha. Ha. Ha.

*pokes Arguia*

RazorClaw

I don't care about limits, I just want Arguia and Wildwood threatened w/ a ban...

Guthorm Swordmaster

Yea same here RazorClaw.Especially Wildwood.

Ashyra Nightwing

Ban?? What did Arguia or Wildwood do that deserves a ban? Maybe a long siggy is annoying, but it's no reason to be chucked out of the forums...

*smacks RC*  

RazorClaw

THREATENED WITH A BAN. Not banned. *refrains from smacking Ashyra, as she is a girl, but blows up a bunch of zeppelins right in front of her* Don't call me RC.

Wildwood

Lol I edited mine.  Peace do you still have those banners?  I accendentally took them out.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

RazorClaw

Yay, Wildwood! And I don't turn off sigs because some peoples' sigs are enjoyable to read and change (check my Pokemon team) and I would rather have to deal w/ the occasional long sig and the good ones than no sigs at all...