0nline attacking 0nline attacking 0nline attacking

Started by frylore, November 20, 2007, 12:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pippin the mighty

kell

Quote from: Firetooth on November 20, 2007, 02:43:58 PM

Your so charming and kind to me kell, just cause I spamed once or twice when I was new to this forum it seems to be your mission to tell me off. Drop it, I've quited spamming.

Have you? Fooled me
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

idunno

Have you even read what has been written about you guys and your spamming? ?My God, try taking to heart what Snare wrote. ?No one wants to hear your side conversations, and you wonder why everyone wants to kill you in-game. ?

Invest in MSN, it's free.

@ pippin and others.

Shadow

Online attacking is bad. If you do it, people will want to kill you. If someone onlined me and they were clanned, they wouldnt survive more than a day on turbo, no questions asked. If they weren't clanned (or were on reg), I'd spend a full run and probably several more afterwards doing as much damage to their net as i possibly could.

Moral of the story is, if you online attack people, don't complain about the consequences. I realize you are new here, but before you do something on RWL, stop and think: "what would I do if someone did this to me?" And if the answer is something bad, ask yourself, "Is it worth it?"

If the answer is no, don't do it. You could have just waited 20 minutes for fry to be done before attacking him.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

Yes, online attacking is one of the worst things you can do. No, it's not better because you're online and can defend yourself - it messes up a run and, therefore, is worse then a simple land grab. A land grab doesn't hurt anyone with a decent strat, an online can screw up most anybody.

On the other hand, I don't see Firetooth complaining about what he got as far as in - game retal. What I see him complaining about is Frylore insulting and making fun of him, both on IGM and on the forums. And that, I think, is a different story.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

Quote from: Ruddertail on November 20, 2007, 07:24:41 PM
Yes, online attacking is one of the worst things you can do. No, it's not better because you're online and can defend yourself - it messes up a run and, therefore, is worse then a simple land grab. A land grab doesn't hurt anyone with a decent strat, an online can screw up most anybody.

On the other hand, I don't see Firetooth complaining about what he got as far as in - game retal. What I see him complaining about is Frylore insulting and making fun of him, both on IGM and on the forums. And that, I think, is a different story.

He posted the message sent to him in a different topic, and I already said I would advocate banning frylore over it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

I think it is also relevant to this topic, in which case I wouldn't judge bringing it up again to be spam. Regardless, my point was simply that you (in the general sense, not specifically Shadow) shouldn't be saying he's whining about retal for onlining. He's not, as far as I read. Whether he's spamming, etc. is another discussion...

Edit: Just to clarify, I wasn't leveling accusations against frylore, but merely restating Firetooth's accusations. I make, at the moment, no judgement on those accusations.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

lonewolf1817

When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Scarwake

Frylore,  this is a gentle nudge on my part.  Watch the language, these forums are viewed by many people of many ages ranging anywhere from 10years and up!  We keep the language clean, and everyone is expected to comply with such!  The word filter is set up to replace curses with another word, HOWEVER just because there is a word filter does not mean you are free to continuously use curse words in your posts!

If such occurs again I will prompt the admins for a 1day ban based upon your actions!

~Scarwake
~Mod Duties
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Wolf Snare on November 20, 2007, 03:26:37 PM
you guys are doing it again! you say you are sorry for making past mistakes, and that you will change, and yet here you are, turning this topic into your own convo! INVEST IN MSN!

exactly....not to mention more double posts!!!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

pippin the mighty

What are you on about? i haven't double posted in ages.