A question of the utmost importance

Started by Checkerpaw, April 15, 2013, 10:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkerpaw

Can anyone briefly and succinctly explain all the in-game changes made in the past year or two to a poor chap who's about to play for the first time since, oh, I don't know, 2009 or 2010?

Thanks!

P.S. To anyone who remembers me, howdy. If you don't, no worries, I probably don't remember you either.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Gen. Volkov

Hi Checkerpaw. With regards to the in game changes, that depends on if you mean reg or turbo. Not many in reg, except for the soon to be implemented land leak for vacationed players. Tons in Turbo, which I'd have to get Shadow to explain them all, he is the one who designed it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

For turbo, basically leaders are no longer the auto-win button since they don't make resources anymore, they are for offense and defense. You need to manage an economy, which is based on your workers. Income comes from workers, markets and foragers via taxation and economic settings (see manage army). If you indy, your troops are converted from workers by barracks, so you take an economic hit making troops. Ditto leaders.

Play around, there are lots of little tweaks that I am probably forgetting about, so if you get stuck just ask.

Search for topics entitled [month] Round Release Notes in the turbo forum as well as anything referencing RWL 3.0 for lots and lots of detailed changelogs.

Welcome back!
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wyanor

Is there a way to remove Clayborne from regular? It's my account and I tried deleting it but I don't remember the name I used. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.
I am an Orthodox Christian.

Shadow

Check your pms. In the future, please make new topics instead of posting in an unrelated one.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..