11 (50%)
4 (18.2%)
2 (9.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Holby

What's the optimum amount? Does it depend on the temperature of the liquid, or on the size of the glass? Is there a go-to number regardless of the aforementioned factors?
I will not deleted this

windhound

Water?  As many as will fit in the glass.  To da top.

Anything else?  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada
As the icecubes melt they dilute the drink.  Fast food places are terrible for this, soo much ice.  Then it melts and waters down my soda.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Abby The Rat

It depends on how long I intend to have a drink, and how hot the day is. If I tend to keep re-filling, then as many as the glass can hold. If it's not so hot, the liqured is already cool, then around 3-5 ice. The one thing that isn't define in the post, is what's the size of each ice. Are they sorta on the large size, or the smaller ice contain size?

I agree with you on the water down, but I find that I drink fast enough to avoid too much of a water down effect and easy can just refill on top of existing ice.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Krowdon

For Refrigerator cubes, I try to not put more than 5, they're just too big. More than 5, not enough drink. Less than 5, I feel they melt too fast.

But elsewhere, where the cubes are small, I never put more than half a glass.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Sharptooh

Depends on the size of the glass, the drink, and the weather

I'm with windy though, less is more with non-water drinks (usually)

cloud

3 is perfect. Any more and it dilutes the drink, any less and it's not the perfect temperature.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Kilkenne

Firetooth

I voted for three before it was popular ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

I always use two - they generally finish melting just before I finish my drink, so it stays cold without getting too diluted.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

I like my drink cold, so I normally get as many ice cubes as a possible. I almost always drink too fast to let them melt. But if I had to go for a quantity, I'd say 4.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Abby The Rat

We mustn't forget that more ice means the ice would take longer melt, as the ice helps to keep the other ice cool. And so on.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Gen. Volkov

I use 4 cubes if they are from the refrigerator. If it's an ice dispenser at a fast food place, I fill the bottom inch of the cup. Maximize drink to ice ratio.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruddertail

I honestly don't like cold drinks. If it's really hot (like 80 degrees or more) I'll sometimes put a few cubes in my glass of water, just to keep the water cool. Otherwise, no ice.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

The Lady Shael

I read somewhere that really cold iced drinks are actually unhealthy for you...I don't have any references on hand to back it up. But I don't care, I dislike my drinks at room temperature.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Neobaron

The last time I was asked this question, someone threw up shortly after on account of not liking the bourbon. :(
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.