WINDOWS

Started by Sharptooh, June 18, 2011, 08:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

WHY DO YOU LIE TO ME WITH YOUR ESTIMATED TIME REMAINING!

WHY!!!

The Lady Shael

Sounds like you should get a Mac, Sharpie. :p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Neobaron

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 18, 2011, 08:17:41 AM

best be trollin'
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Sharptooh

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 18, 2011, 08:17:41 AM

YOUR NOT ON THE MAC TEAM TOO SHAEL!? ARE YOU!?

AND NOW CAPS LOCK IS STUCK, OH LIFE IS SO CRUEL!

windhound

I was transferring tens of GBs of files around on my Mac last night
Guess what?
The time was accurate

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

WHO CARES NOBODY LIKES MAC

Actually, their hardware is quite nice, but I refuse to give apple my money in any form whatsoever because of the length to which they have taken planned obsolescence.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on June 18, 2011, 10:10:33 AM

Actually, their hardware is quite nice, but I refuse to give apple my money in any form whatsoever because of the length to which they have taken planned obsolescence.
+1
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

Planned obsolescence wat?

I took my 7 year old (at the time) eMac into the local Apple Store to diagnose a video artifact issue.  They didn't end up fixing it, hardware issue, but they reloaded the OS and spent about 30 min working with me.  For free.

My 6 year old PowerMac was supported up until OS X 10.5 where they finally transitioned away from the PPC architecture.  OS X 10.6 is about half the size because they finally dropped support for their old processor, many many years later.  I don't begrudge them, they left PPC with a very capable OS.

Come on guys, there's atleast a couple reasons to criticize Apple.  Pick the ones that are actually true

Shadow

Ever tried to buy a charger for a past-generation ipod?

Lindsay had the fun problem a while ago that they stopped making adapters for her shuffle and couldn't buy a charger anymore.

There is no good reason beyond sales to change the shape of the pin in a charger.

windhound

Yes.  Because iPods have used the same charging jack for frikken ever, if not Gen 1

I just used the charger for my current gen iPod touch with a first gen iPod Photo (gen 4 ipod)
I know gen 3 used them

Shadow

I guess we have had very different experiences with Apple then ^_^

windhound

windhound

Do you get upset with Dell and Lenovo because they change the charging adapters on their laptops?