Market

Started by Briar, December 14, 2008, 01:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briar

So there was a discussion in Turbo for the Market but not here.  Here you can post anything you have to offer/want to buy.

I currently am selling food for less than merc. price.  Check it out if you are interested, or contact me directly. 

I'm Draco. O.H clan.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Peace Alliance

Hey, if you're selling food for less then 10 i will always buy it.

Juska

Not if I buy it first  :P

Good, the Phil Collins guy is robbing me blind.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

Briar if you sell for less then 10, you are technically /losing/ money.

If you use your leaders to do the Loot spell, you make exactly 10 times as much money then how much food you would make using the Feast spell.

That means that if you sell food for less then 10, you'll make less cash then you would using the loot spell.

In fact, even at 10 there is a 25% loss taken by the market.

It's only profitable to sell food for 11 or more...

(i felt too guilty letting you keep selling for less then 10)

Briar

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 14, 2008, 01:07:38 PM
Briar if you sell for less then 10, you are technically /losing/ money.

If you use your leaders to do the Loot spell, you make exactly 10 times as much money then how much food you would make using the Feast spell.

That means that if you sell food for less then 10, you'll make less cash then you would using the loot spell.

In fact, even at 10 there is a 25% loss taken by the market.

It's only profitable to sell food for 11 or more...

(i felt too guilty letting you keep selling for less then 10)

yes, well, when I sell it on the market I don't lose turns which I would if I was using the looting spell.  Your point is not lost on me though.
I am doing a couple of trial and error things. This is just an ongoing experiment in my mind.

But if you really feel guilty about me selling food for less than 10, you don't have to buy it.  ;)
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Shadow

But when you make the food, you lose turns. Say you spend 100 turns making food, and sell it for 9 each. Say you made 100 million food in 100 turns. That's 900 million dollars. If you had, instead of making food, made cash with those 100 turns, you would have a billion dollars.

If you sell food for less than 10, you are not getting the most out of your turns, you would be better off looting instead of feasting.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

I believe he is making food via foragers.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Briar

Quote from: Juska on December 14, 2008, 04:53:05 PM
I believe he is making food via foragers.

Correct.  I can make quite a bit through my foragers.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Juska on December 14, 2008, 12:42:41 PM
Not if I buy it first  :P

Good, the Phil Collins guy is robbing me blind.

Haha, oh my god, I'm having too much fun here. I can't go on hiding. I'm Phil Collins. There. Thanks for buying. :D

Yeah, I'm selling food. Come and get it. :P

Peace Alliance

There is also the fact that you are selling for much much less then people are willing to buy it for...

Which is like if Ipods started selling for $2 for no reason, even though they're worth hundreds. You're losing out on lots of potential cash.

And Briar, the best way to make the most food is with leaders. I can explain how to do that for you if you like.