Disappointed

Started by Briar, March 07, 2010, 11:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briar

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 08, 2010, 04:30:12 PM
Briar... if I prove you wrong, and you just change the argument, I'm not going to talk with you very much.

Sorry I didn't openly state that " Yea, I killed Ullr, but that was then and this was now."  You had stated a fact. I didn't find any need of verifying it.

I addressed your arguments. I just emphasized the bit about the dishonoring, something /you/ brought to light as well.  This thread is questioning the honor of players on this server. I'm just curious how you think we have the ability to honor without losing our dignity.

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 08, 2010, 06:44:34 PM
Wow you needed help to kill an inactive account with 3k land? You live up to the colourful (unworthy?) reputation you've been pegged with.

I stand by my previous statement...don't lump.  There is more than one group working atm. All with different methods of achieving their objective.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gorak

all this talk of honor
does anyone here know what that really means?

In war, there is only victory and defeat
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Briar

"Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat."

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI addressed your arguments. I just emphasized the bit about the dishonoring, something /you/ brought to light as well.  This thread is questioning the honor of players on this server. I'm just curious how you think we have the ability to honor without losing our dignity.

I said nothing about honoring us, and you know it. You did not fight with honor, and we have no reason to believe you will now. You killed Ullr, an SS member. That was not honorable. Therefore we have no reason to treat you with any respect. Which means, in my eyes, your own actions made Peace sending you cash and then us stealing it right back perfectly acceptable.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 08, 2010, 07:59:44 PM
in my eyes, your own actions made Peace sending you cash and then us stealing it right back perfectly acceptable.

How so when the debt was created before the war occurred?  I view this as an outside event, completely separate from the main events occurring in game.

Peace Alliance

You are correct in part, Briar. The debt was an old one, but it's impossible not to look at this in our current context. War is upon us, and neither side is above robbery. Perhaps you should have considered that before you openly went to war with us. Perhaps you should anticipated that I would act in accordance to our currently conditions... Perhaps you should have waited to collect.

Like I said, it's unfortunate it had to go down this way, but given the circumstances there was no other way.

Briar

Quote from: Peace Alliance on March 08, 2010, 09:49:08 PM
Perhaps you should have considered that before you openly went to war with us. Perhaps you should anticipated that I would act in accordance to our currently conditions... Perhaps you should have waited to collect.

Perhaps I've been bothering you for the last several months to pay it off.

Ungatt Trunn II

How is there now other way? You mean the world would have went an hero if you didn't pull some stupid technicality stunt that involved sending me money and stealing it back?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Holby

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on March 08, 2010, 10:17:40 PM
some stupid technicality stunt that involved sending me money and stealing it back?
I thought it was silly, too. I just wouldn't have paid you. ;)
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteHow so when the debt was created before the war occurred?  I view this as an outside event, completely separate from the main events occurring in game.

It can't be separated though. It has to be looked at in the context of the game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

Yes, it can be separate.  I've been bothering Peace for months trying to get him to pay up.( Since the 7th of December 2009 to be exact). He's had plenty of time.

A simple message of "Due to our present war situation, I can no longer uphold my end of the bargain.  Please ask me again when this dispute is over" would have sufficed.

Peace could have continued putting off payment, but he chose to pay now, when he knew he could weasel his way out of it by just stealing the money back.

edit: date changed due to reading errors.  Apologies for the confusion.

Gorak

Quote from: Briar on March 08, 2010, 07:15:54 PM
"Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat."

I have done nothing dishonorable
I joined a clan, and remained loyal to that clan in all circumstances
dishonorable would be for me to abandon my clan if I disagree with an action
honorable is to remain steadfast in loyalty and never speak against the leaders publically
remain true to my word and commitment, even in a text game

In all my years of Prom, I have never backstabbed or betrayed a clan I joined or even an ally
...ever
I have never multied, or resorted to any kind of code abuse
...ever
I hate cheaters

that is where my sig quote comes from
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Briar

Gorak, I quoted your sig because that is how I would define honor.

I wasn't questioning your honor...sorry if I made that impression.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Briar on March 08, 2010, 11:41:15 PM
Yes, it can be separate.  I've been bothering Peace for months trying to get him to pay up.( Since the 12th of July 2009 to be exact). He's had plenty of time.
I think your date is a bit off, i would have been at camp at that time.

You're also saying 2 contrasting arguments here, you say I took so long to pay you back that it was long overdue, yet I had plenty of time to pay you back and could postpone it till the war is over.

Briar

haha...silly me, sorry about that, I'll edit it out, forgot i had changed how i read my dates on my IM.

Quote from: Peace Alliance on March 09, 2010, 12:09:41 AM

You're also saying 2 contrasting arguments here, you say I took so long to pay you back that it was long overdue, yet I had plenty of time to pay you back and could postpone it till the war is over.

Let me clarify: Yes, it was long over due and I would have wished that you would have paid it back in a more timely fashion, but, if you planned to just steal it back, I would have preferred that you just wait to aid it.