Pirates Vs Ninjas!

Started by Daryn, April 12, 2009, 05:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you side on?

Pirates
Ninjas

Briar

Ninjatō, or shinobigatana is one possible sword, another, which is more likely to have been used was the shikoro ken. 

Ninjas are far more hand to hand combat, which takes more skills than pulling a trigger....
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Night Wolf

Quote from: Briar on May 29, 2009, 10:24:44 AM
Ninjatō, or shinobigatana is one possible sword, another, which is more likely to have been used was the shikoro ken. 
well aren't we little miss smarty pants :P
I've actually never heard of the shinobigatana though.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteA cutless is heavy and slow a ninjas sword(which does have a specific name that I cant for the life of me remember which is driving me nuts because I always know these things) would be way more effective. The only weapon that a pirate has that could possibly best a ninja would be their pistol and they're too drunk to shoot straight half the time anyways, thus Ninjas>pirates....end of story.

A cutlass is a short sabre, which is a modified rapier, and it is definitely NOT slow and heavy, it was designed for close in, fast, slashing fights. It was approximately the same length as the classic "ninja" sword, which may or may not have actually been used, and about the same weight.

Most pirates would not have been drunk when they were not in port, and certainly not if they were about to have a fight on their hands. They drank rum because the water often carried disease. If a ninja and a pirate fought, the pirate would pull an Indiana Jones and just shoot the ninja. Thus, pirates>ninjas.

QuoteNinjatō, or shinobigatana is one possible sword, another, which is more likely to have been used was the shikoro ken.

Reputedly anyway.

QuoteNinjas are far more hand to hand combat, which takes more skills than pulling a trigger....

Not really, ninja were assassins, which means they were trained not to get into close combat situations, if they could help it. Pirates were mostly ex-sailors and ex-soldiers, which means they did have training for close combat, and thus had the skills for fighting with firearms and other implements. In the types of fights pirates got into, firearms were used once, then the swords were drawn, so the argument is a bad one anyway.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Marell

EDIT: Oops wrong topic...I thought you could delete posts before  :-[

rizzan

Ninjas are winning in the votes! I   also think you over looked some important things such as exact equipment to each class like pirate: flintlock pistole,blunderbuss,grnado(or something like that),cutlass,boarding axe 
Ninja :kusari-kama,kama,shrikun,nunjuku(or how ever you spell it),shoge,sais,black eggs,tonfu,kuni,and ninjo,and how many people are in the fight.
and also ninjas were not cowards they fought against the heavily armored samerui for their rights with simple farming tools and most of the time won.
whereas most pirates were just old warriors from the  French military who just took the ships and became outlaws
I did a history report on both of them so don't screw with me >:D
also if you need weapon pics or descriptions just tell me which ones and Ill post some :)

"We are gumpy old bearded men sinning about bunnies!"-Fall of Efrafa

Shadow

He makes a good point ^_6
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Daryn

some pirates are actually wuite skilled and not outlaws (privateers)...
like sir francis drake i think....
Privateers were pirates that are granted a excuse to attack enemy nation ships
Pies.

rizzan

yes i know that but i said most pirates are outlaws (at least im pretty  sure i said most)
"We are gumpy old bearded men sinning about bunnies!"-Fall of Efrafa

Gen. Volkov

Quoteand also ninjas were not cowards they fought against the heavily armored samerui for their rights with simple farming tools and most of the time won.

Ninjas weren't cowards, but they were assassins, so most of the time they would try and catch a Samurai warrior out of his armor. They had about the same success rates as most assassins around the world, which is to say about 50/50. I wouldn't say that's most of the time.

Quotewhereas pirates were just old warriors from the French military who just took the ships and became outlaws

Well, some were French, but pirates came from all over. The Barbary pirates for example were from Morroco and areas surrounding it. They actually had a quite large pirate empire at one point, until they messed with the US and tried to demand tribute from us. Then Jefferson sent the Navy and Marines in and whipped their sorry behinds. That is where the Marine's hymn gets the "To the shores of Tripoli;" part of their song from.

QuoteI did a history report on both of them so don't screw with me

That's awesome. I was a history minor myself, I just graduated college. Most of my studies were on WW2 and the modern era, but I also spent some time on the ancient to medieval world.

yes i know that but i said most pirates are outlaws (at least im pretty  sure i said most)

No, you didn't actually.

Quotelike sir francis drake i think....

Yeah, he was at one point a privateer, though the Spanish called him a pirate.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES