Random Facts

Started by Mr.Grimm, May 26, 2009, 02:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Grimm

Just like the title says, just put in random facts. The weirder the better! I'll start...

It's impolite to sneeze in Japan. Picking your nose is fine though.

Saladin

Random Fact: Saladin = Awesome
Starfish love you

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 03:27:33 PM
Random Fact: Saladin = Awesome
We all know that's a myth! :P

Briar

Throwing a cat off of a building from a height of 7 stories or higher will cause the cat to "float" down and not be injured.  Throwing a cat off a building at a lower height will cause injury.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Krowdon

In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Saladin

The most practical and safest tool ever invented was the knifewrench

Starfish love you

Mr.Grimm

Good, good. Keep them coming!

Cat pee will glow under a darklight.

Briar

This is to honor my College Mascot :P

In 1760, the College of Physicians and Faculty of Divinity in Paris classified the beaver as a fish because of its scaly tail. This meant that the French settlers in North America could officially eat beaver during Lent and on other fast days.

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Saladin

Starfish love you

Briar

The pound sign (#) is called an octothorpe

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 03:44:01 PM
I like cheese.
That was so random that it doesn't even count in this topic.

A San Francisco man used 10,000 toothpicks to build a four-foot-long remote-control boat.

Briar

Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards, and are on the Australian coat of arms for that reason.

Firetooth

In Britain your not legally allowed to eat mince pies on Christmas day, and have to practice archery once a day if male. These are old laws which have been forgotten but not abolished so technically should still be enforced :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Saladin

There are 670 types of cheeses in the world.
Starfish love you

Briar

Quote from: Firetooth on May 26, 2009, 04:01:28 PM
In Britain your not legally allowed to eat mince pies on Christmas day, and have to practice archery once a day if male. These are old laws which have been forgotten but not abolished so technically should still be enforced :D

Do you follow these laws?

Picky linguists will tell you that the feminine version of "dude" is "dudine," not "dudette."