Help

Started by math8dragons, July 24, 2013, 06:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

math8dragons

I need help starting on this Regular Game! What should i do?

windhound

Hi and welcome!
If you log into reg and look on the sidebar there's a button for Help
In there there's a basic tutorial. 

If you notice anything that says Turbo there ignore it for now, I seem to have a bug where the two game guides are overlapping.  odd.  Will poke in a bit.

Basically for your first run you're just going to scout land and build on it, get a base of food and cash and go from there.
Most players are more than happy to help new players along, don't hesitate to send out ingame messages if you get stuck.

Turbo is running a slightly different version of the game, and it resets every month on the 28th.  Feel free to sign up for both, turbo is kinda nice to poke around on 'cause the turns come so much faster.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Hi! You know me from AoPS, if you were wondering where I got to.

RWL is a turn-based game. Every 10 minutes you get a few turns (1 on regular, 5 on turbo) which you can use to build your empire. Land is everything. Since you just started and are pretty weak, you should scout for it for the moment. When you are stronger you can attack people to take theirs.

There are two main resouces: food and cash. On regular it's a pretty outdated code and the most effective way to get them is by building a lot of huts, getting leaders, and using them to generate cash in the "general's hut". Turbo is a bit more intuitive IMO: you get cash by making markets and taxing your workers (see manage army for tax rates). Food is the same, but foragers are the building of choice instead of markets.

When you have resources, you can either buy an army from the market, or you can make one by using barracks. Armies then join you every time you use a turn.

I encourage you to sign up for turbo - it's faster paced, so it's a bit easier to experiment, and as far as I'm concerned it's the more intuitive of the two servers.

If you get stuck, just ask!

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..