Where is the world are you?

Started by wolf bite, October 21, 2005, 02:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

This is a cool FREE site. After you download the program and can spin around the earth, then zoom in to see the satellite picture of anything. Check out the great pyramids, see if you can find WMD, or just see if your neighbor?s house needs a new roof.

http://earth.google.com

Note: computers over 3 or 4 years old will not be able to run the program.

Additional information. Google has taken the pictures taken from satellites over the last 5 years and spiced them together. Thus, although apparently seamless, the age of different shots may be different. There are a ton of options to overlay over the picture. You can find all the schools, hotels, coffee shops, etc. Also it puts up notable places where famous things have happened, even well known people?s homes. The quality will change based on the picture that was taken, down to an acre it is still very clear on most shots, some even clear much closer. It will zoom down to the size of a car! Not only does it show you the GPS, but also the height above sea level. You can then change your view to street level and see the 3d view of the mountains. Plus other stuff you can find. Wow!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Disdain

Apple Macintosh computers are not supported at this time (but we are working on it). 
:cry:

Maybe next time. (or I'll do it from home, options, man, options  :-D )

(click to enlarge)

Wolf Snare

sweet I'm going to download this.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Wolf Snare

woah. This is awesome.. Ive used google earth to pinpoint a former....friend.

Well, ive used it to find the guy that WAS my friend, until he went into my runescape account, emptied my bank account and got me banned. Now I sit, with his community in full perspective, plotting my revenge. :evil: *cackles*
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

O_o

www.flashearth.com
is, I've heard, a multi-platform alternative to google-earth, uses google and msn satilite images = D
never tried google earth, so I cant really compare them
tis rather neat though

neat stuff
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

I just checked out that site windy. 3 days ago I would have been very impressed at the technology that all the pictures from space have been put together to make a 2 dimensional map. But I have had the power of God!

*Flies out into space and takes my hand to spin the 3D globe north to south just to make the humans dizzy. Zooms in to check out someone walking their dog on the beach. Turns on the computer generated 3D buildings, tilts to a 90 degree view and flies between buildings in down town LA. Clicks a button and auto flies to the White House, checks out the president?s tennis court. Wonders if the pope has one too and transports over the Vatican. Happens upon an oil well fire in the Middle East. Checks out the Eiffel tower. Takes a ground level jog around the Forbidden City. Flies over the Grand Canyon, clicks geographic 3D, zooms down onto the rapids where my feet are almost wet, looks up the sides of the canyon, slowly turns around.*

And I still don?t know everything this program can do.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

Oh wow.... this is so cool. I've heard of it, but never been there... google earth is just amazing. The DETAIL. 3d tours of chicago, New York.... wow. Not quite military quality, but I've never seen anything much better.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

I would have thought the camera would have mysteriously stopped working over area 51, or maybe at least someone would have pushed all the fighters back in the hangers. It seems there really is a secret base in Nevada (as if anyone really thought there was not one).

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Yep.. that's actually Nellis though. Area 51 is on another dry lake bed, and is all blurry becuyase the sat photos suck.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Disdain

Finally got it. I have a PC at home.

Huge THanks to WolfBite. Best site I've EVER seen. :-o

(click to enlarge)

Barkclaw2

Funny you should mention that, I just learned that in school.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.