Delete acount

Started by pippin the mighty, January 11, 2008, 02:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pippin the mighty

When i nearly delete my acount (accident) It says:

Something Has Occured
You are too new to delete your account (You have to stay in an account for at least a week before being able to delete it) You have 7 days left.
You will be able to delete your account on January 12, 2008, 11:00 am

Now if im not mistaken its the 11th? Its either me being dumb (likely) or i have found a bug (unlikely)

Peace Alliance

I think you might have!

It's supposed to say "you haven't been signed up for 7 days" or something to that effect

Actually, it's cool that you brought it up. What does that feature even exist? Isn't it wrong for us to disallow people to delete the account? maybe it's to help catch multiers...

wolf bite

Humm, I never thought about that. 

I can see no reason a person must wait to not play.  It might even be a good thing if a person could change their name or race if they have never taken a turn.  Then there would be no reason to delete.  Right now people just start a new account and then are flagged as multies and can never play.  I had even thought that instead of disabling multis, to tell them they can't start the second account. I have wondered how many new players were permenatly banned because they did not understand that they could not sign a friend up on the same computer.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

pippin the mighty

I wont check to see if it works as i kinda don't wana loose my acount now, but i had been checking for a day or 2 to see if it was right and when it was still the same. And it would be good for people to delete the acount if they wanted to, as if they are in protection they may want to quit, and can't. So they just leave without deleting there acount and kinda make less and less active players.

Peace Alliance

It will work after the date it gave you.

Maybe if we gave them the option to "restart" or delete.

There's also a slight privacy issue with disallowing people to delete their accounts. If somebody wants to delete it because they accidentally put personal info in their name or something like that, they should have the right to change/delete that. Thats the kinda thing that goes on all the time elsewhere on the internet. I'm still trying to track down the website that hosted my very first personal webpage because they STILL haven't taken it down, and it has a lot of my personal info (thats from like 7 years ago now)

pippin the mighty

Quote from: Peace Alliance on January 12, 2008, 08:18:38 AM
It will work after the date it gave you.

Maybe if we gave them the option to "restart" or delete.

There's also a slight privacy issue with disallowing people to delete their accounts. If somebody wants to delete it because they accidentally put personal info in their name or something like that, they should have the right to change/delete that. Thats the kinda thing that goes on all the time elsewhere on the internet. I'm still trying to track down the website that hosted my very first personal webpage because they STILL haven't taken it down, and it has a lot of my personal info (thats from like 7 years ago now)

Thats a great idea for restarting, it might hlp in several ways. That of a way you could make a good starting strat, or your strat has gone wrong to start, or maybe the fact you have chosen the wrong name, either way it is a good idea. :amazing: :)

Firetooth

Very true...once I gave piczo the wrong post code by typid a letter twice (this wasbefore I decided to use freewebs for the armarda fan site) I asked them to take it down...and they still havent yet! ::)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.