The Banning of Alazar

For continuously violating the rules.

3 days.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

CobyCopper

Just a question--what are the circumstances/rules that are attached to later offenses?

Scarwake

The reason the banning was put in place was due to excessive steps over the line when it came to personal insults and attacks.  He had been warned by The Lady Shael on the 6th of this Month that the next personal attack he made towards a member would result in harsher consequences.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

CobyCopper

I meant 2nd, 3rd, &c bans. I didn't really mean all the incidents of Alazar's banning--just in general. No I don't plan to reoffend, but I do want to know so it's clear to myself and other members of the community on just what happens. That, or point me towards a topic with the current rules and punishments. Or, make it up! :P

wolf bite

In the staff private forum we have guidelines that we follow. It is best not to publish those things that we decide to let by or everyone will be on the line of being banned.

Also things are subject to interpretation based on the situation. Such as there is an unwritten sliding scale between a few people taking friendly jabs at each other and intentional trying to disrupt the forum.

In short:
Minor violations will have 2 pre-waning by Admins (or Admin approved Mod warnings) before there is a 3 day ban.
A repeat violation by a recently returning banned member will get a week banning.
A banned member attempting to get around their ban will be a week banning.
A person who is determined to have made a vulgar post(s) knowing it is worthy of a ban could be banned with no warning.
A person that is determined will not correct their behavior could get a forever ban. (usually requires all 3 Admins to agree, with the advice of the Mods).
A personal attack on a staff member when doing their staff work will have quick and extreme punishment. **

** In other words as an example, a flame or personal attack on me based on something I say as a member of the community will be treated the same as any other member. However, if I was to be making a post as "Admin Duties" and someone personally attacks me, they could instantly be banned for any amount of time the staff agrees to. This is not to say that the members can not question the reasoning of the staff, it is just strongly advised to be very adult and mature in doing so.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Saladin

Starfish love you

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Scarwake on June 16, 2008, 05:17:39 PM
The reason the banning was put in place was due to excessive steps over the line when it came to personal insults and attacks.  He had been warned by The Lady Shael on the 6th of this Month that the next personal attack he made towards a member would result in harsher consequences.

This is the ONLY strife i have with my punishment. I think that the mods and admins need to clearer with warnings. I truly never even saw that warning so i suggest that from here on that the warned person is either emailed or sent a PM on the forum, or both. Possibly a warning topic, but just something.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

wolf bite

Good point. I almost always make sure a warned person has posted after me in the same topic, and if not I send them mail. However, the staff does not need to verify that someone saw their warnings. The post that got you your short ban would have fallen under this other rule anyway:
A person who is determined to have made a vulgar post(s) knowing it is worthy of a ban could be banned with no warning.

But atlassss, all is over now anyway. No hard feelings.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Alazar is Back

Quote from: wolf bite on June 20, 2008, 12:04:32 AM
Good point. I almost always make sure a warned person has posted after me in the same topic, and if not I send them mail. However, the staff does not need to verify that someone saw their warnings. The post that got you your short ban would have fallen under this other rule anyway:

But atlassss, all is over now anyway. No hard feelings.

Wolf Bite

Ok, sounds good. Yeah i also understand that i could have been easily banned for my one comment. They just brought up me being warned and i had to look it up to see what they were talking about lol

Shadow

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 19, 2008, 11:26:11 PM

This is the ONLY strife i have with my punishment. I think that the mods and admins need to clearer with warnings. I truly never even saw that warning so i suggest that from here on that the warned person is either emailed or sent a PM on the forum, or both. Possibly a warning topic, but just something.

you should have been able to warn yourself from your constant swearing and comments like you made to checker. Doesn't take a genius.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on June 20, 2008, 05:34:00 AM
Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 19, 2008, 11:26:11 PM

you should have been able to warn yourself from your constant swearing and comments like you made to checker. Doesn't take a genius.

To be quite honest i didn't think many of the things i said were overboard. My comment that got me banned was, yes. I don't know what to say other than that. Thats my honest opinion believe it or not, it does not matter to me.

Firetooth

You only insulted three players (me sharptooth and feng) in the same post, repeatedly tested the filters and made a ban-deserving comment to checker...
other then that, you didn't do anything wrong :D
I better be on best behaviour, Im in line for a ban unless I can swallow my pride lol. :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

This banning is over. I can not see any reason to talk about it besides re living it and maybe bringing back the reasons things got out of hand. The past is the past.

Topic closed.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite