What has been your favorite/most memorable Turbo round?

Started by The Lady Shael, May 22, 2011, 11:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Which Turbo round so far has been your favorite, and why? =)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Half land! I love it when people's established strategies get thrown out the window and they need to get creative.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Daryn

Half land is cool, but my favorite would have to be any forced Clan ones, including Pearls of Lutra. It forces people to work with people they don't normally work with.
Pies.

Firetooth

Anything other then this round? (seriously, I could write an essay on why this round sucks and will suck to the end)

My favorite's have probably been race ladder and half land, though emperor rounds are fun, too. Forced clan rounds can be interesting, but I find them too much effort and unfair because one team always has the better draw. Players should be assigned manually.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

The clan battle between Question and Answer....can't remember what the theme was of that round
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Neobaron

I think this round is the best I have ever played of turbo.

But not because of the random theme.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

I'm also enjoying the half land round but I think that's more due to the ~shenanigans~ rather than the actual theme of the round. I know I've said it before but I really like forced clan rounds, I have good memories of Pearls of Lutra and the Question and Answer rounds.

Briar

Question and Answer definitely wasn't a forced clan round...I remember because Bob made Question and then a week or so in Answer was created
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Briar on May 23, 2011, 11:14:28 AM
Question and Answer definitely wasn't a forced clan round...I remember because Bob made Question and then a week or so in Answer was created

I couldn't remember, all I know is I nearly won the round by making cash totally undetected while everyone else fought it out, then buying troops on the last day :P I think that was Question and Answer. It was a while back, I'm not so sure any more..

Sharptooh

Was the Question and Answer one this round?:
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=10290.0

As for my favourite, emp rounds always seem pretty memorable, it's nice having everyone band together for a change and work against a common enemy rather than kill each (this round is a perfect example of that)

Ashyra Nightwing