Turbo Round 11 Immortalization

Started by The Lady Shael, June 28, 2008, 06:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Yeah, you improved a lot last round ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

w00t, unbanned.

congrats firetooth on your win.

I wanted to clear up this cheating situation. I am not a cheat, those of you who have not joined RWL in the past year and a half, know me to be a stand up guy and a good friend. the only run in Ive ever had with cheating was the josh debacle, which I honestly didn't know he was cheating. When Josh finally admitted that he cheated, years after the fact, I pressed him for as much info as I could get, then reported to wolf bite.

I learned my lesson in regular with intentionally maxing years ago, and I am well aware of the rule and exceptions. Heck, I'm one of the ones who suggested that intentional maxing be a bannable offence.

I understand people are quick to judge me lately, and of course this incident gave plenty of snare haters the opportunity to bash him senseless while he was on "time out" from the forums.

I thought I might tell you what really happened...

incidentally, I showed up late to run, (again) and me ally and shade had just under an hour to attempt to push past firetooth, and win the round. We did best we could, but were on-lined steadily all run, to the point where, when we were nearly done, we barely accomplished any net at all.

With about 10 minutes left in the round, the enemy broke through and opened attacks on Shade. He hastily requested I max him with weasels, assuring me I would break his pitiful numbers, as it was his hole. Being in a rush myself, I mistakenly selected guerrilla strike instead of bombardment. As Alazar correctly assumed, I am on 26kbps dial up, and I f5 +enter to attack all of the time. I rarely wait around to load the screen, because it takes precious time out of my day.
Surely you all can fill in the rest.

Now, concerning my ban, I am obligated to apologize to all of those who were direct targets of mean snare. To tell the truth I have been under ALOT of stress due to real life issues, and it has (unfortunately) affected my attitude all around, including on these forums.

Over the past few weeks I've made many snide remarks that I am well aware were both inappropriate and uncalled for. I apologize mainly to Firetooth, as I let you get under my already irritated skin.

Shael, you know me better than most who have taken up arms against me recently, and I hope you know how sorry I am for what I did. I hope you believe me when I say that I never intentionally cheated..

`Wolf Snare
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

taekwondokid42

why is intentional maxing bad? It is a strat.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on June 30, 2008, 07:51:54 PM
why is intentional maxing bad? It is a strat.

It was banned quite a few years ago, soon after i started playing together with snare so probably 2 years or so ago. It was banned because it was WAY to useful, believe me, me and snare used to use it alot ^_^
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Wolf Snare

Back then the game did not have open attack ops, so it was VERY overpowered.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Holby

I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Apology accepted snare, it's my fault for falling for baits as much as it is yours, and thanks! :)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Satisfactory explanation, I take back what I said. Sorry about that, it just honestly looked like cheating to me, I am not a "Snare hater".

Shadow

Interesting finish. How did the whole situation boil out in the end?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

Shade tried to convince me that his clan was running so they could aid Shael, and the clan I was with believed them and was waiting.. so I onlined them all and some other people followed my lead, so Firetooth still won. I have to admit, it was really fun.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Death on July 04, 2008, 10:55:04 PM
Shade tried to convince me that his clan was running so they could aid Shael, and the clan I was with believed them and was waiting.. so I onlined them all and some other people followed my lead, so Firetooth still won. I have to admit, it was really fun.

Again. He was not lieing, had he not used his aid credits to fund our runs all of that was going to shael.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..