Networth Hack

Started by CobyCopper, December 23, 2008, 08:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobyCopper

Some nobody did a networth hack. #26 on turbo. I just saw it on the Top10 list.

The Lady Shael

Thanks, we wouldn't have noticed. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Obliterator

Could you show his stats.  ;)
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

bjornredtail

I'm more interested in how he/she did it. Retto supposedly fixed every conceivable MySQL injection... Almost.  It /might/ be possible to inject values under some circumstances. Or, I could be wrong entirely and this might be a whole other class of bug. Unfortunately, the only way to be sure it to nuke it from orbit go though each query individually. That might take a while. Any other ideas?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Firetooth

It's not the grain exploit thing Saladin did, is it?
Bob, you haven't posted since 14th october!  :o
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Actually I think it's something that happens accidentally. This just happened a couple weeks ago to a poor little newbie and he had no idea what was going on. I believed him because the same thing happened to Saladin months ago, and he had no idea what was going on either. I think it's something with the attacking system, the newbie two weeks ago said the last thing he did was attack someone (using enslave I think) and lose. But I already knew that cause I checked the news items about him.

The old attacking system is still up on Turbo, we'll see if this still happens next round. Which might be delayed.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

Well if it happens with the new attacking system, i would say just take enslave out. It's not useful anyway (although i still think we might end up boosting workers because they're still a bit of a useless part of the game, and I'm hearing that pressgang still doesn't make enough troops)

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 25, 2008, 11:47:49 AM
Well if it happens with the new attacking system, i would say just take enslave out. It's not useful anyway (although i still think we might end up boosting workers because they're still a bit of a useless part of the game, and I'm hearing that pressgang still doesn't make enough troops)

Didn't Pressgaing get reduced, years ago?

Peace Alliance

It got changed, currently it converts workers to troops. But if tents don't make enough workers, then you can't make enough troops.

Shadow

A lot of promis introduce workers into the output formulas for leader missions and turn by turn cash and food gain. I think it might be something to look into here, initially as a turbo theme and later as something permanent. It adds a lot more strategic value to the placement of your buildings.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

sounds like Vahall strat's labour rate
might be something to look at as far as establishing a base for such a thing

Mawrick would be the one to talk to, he does all the coding there
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.