New Theme: Communist Rule

Started by The Lady Shael, January 07, 2009, 11:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Here are the details for the new Turbo round, Communist Rule!

Communist Economy
30% of resources gained every turn are taken away and divided up among every player in the game. Everytime you use turns, 30% of the resources you gain are set aside with everyone else's, and every 10 minutes (when turns are given) the resources are divided evenly among every active player in the game. Resources aren't taken from or given to people in protection.

Unions
Clans are called Unions. The only difference is that unions are required to have 5 members before they can become official.
Also, in official unions, 20% of your gains are taken and spread around to your unionmates.

Overthrow the Communist Rule
To overthrow the communist rule, you must overthrow the government. The government is made up of five Emperors: Castro, Lenin, Stalin, Marx, and Trotsky. They all have varying degrees of difficulty which you will discover as the game moves along. These accounts are counted as "active players" so they also get a share of the communist resources. They will not fight back.

No Mercs
This round also includes the "no mercs" setup. So, no Mercenaries, and market theft is not possible. Meaning, any cash you get selling from the market will not be added to your account until you login.

Mercenary-style Market
The Market will work the same as before, except when putting troops up, you can only put up to 80% up, and then 10% every 10 minutes.
So if you put all 80% up, you cannot put anything else up until 10 minutes later, and then you get to put up another 10%. Next 10 minutes, you get to put up 20%, etc.

Post here if you have any questions. Also I kinda coded this in a hurry, so don't be surprised if you run into any bugs. If you find a bug, please don't freak out, just post it in the Bugs forum with as many details as you have, and I'll get to it when I have time. =)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

White Fang

Huh. Interesting. Very interesting.

Does the 30% deal include troops? Things like leader-loot?

Gen. Volkov

I sent a message in game to this effect, but seriously, you names for the emps are not appropriate. Marx died before the Bolsheviks ever even took power in Russia, and would have been spinning in his grave if he had seen what they did to his ideas in Russia. Castro was a third rate dictator in an insignificant country, it was only the Cuban Missile crisis that ever made him relevant on the world stage. Stalin and Lenin are fine, they were the first two leaders of the Soviet Union. Trotsky was a high ranking member of the communist party, at least for awhile, but he was never a leader of the Soviet Union. His philosophy also different markedly from the Stalinist mainstream of the Soviet Union.

Peace at one point talked to me about different soviet leaders, obviously he never bothered to write what I said down.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 08, 2009, 07:35:58 AM
I sent a message in game to this effect, but seriously, you names for the emps are not appropriate. Marx died before the Bolsheviks ever even took power in Russia, and would have been spinning in his grave if he had seen what they did to his ideas in Russia. Castro was a third rate dictator in an insignificant country, it was only the Cuban Missile crisis that ever made him relevant on the world stage. Stalin and Lenin are fine, they were the first two leaders of the Soviet Union. Trotsky was a high ranking member of the communist party, at least for awhile, but he was never a leader of the Soviet Union. His philosophy also different markedly from the Stalinist mainstream of the Soviet Union.

Peace at one point talked to me about different soviet leaders, obviously he never bothered to write what I said down.
As I recall, Trotsky was pickaxed in the head after he was exiled*winces*
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

kell

the names dont matter that much. and i think marx as the inventor of communism deserves his spot
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAs I recall, Trotsky was pickaxed in the head after he was exiled*winces*

Yes, I think he was.

Quotethe names dont matter that much. and i think marx as the inventor of communism deserves his spot

I think the names matter. Also, for what they are going for here, Marx is not applicable. Marx's communism did not postulate a ruling elite.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Firetooth

I think so too. Seeing as Castro has nothing to do with russian communisim he doesn't apply. Trotsky didn't even wnat to rule as a communist and such and Lenin and Stalin's communisim was far different from Marx's.
I know Stalin was definetly the worst seeing as he murdered anyone who looked at him wrong. He set up Trotsky so he won the people as well >:(
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI know Stalin was definetly the worst seeing as he murdered anyone who looked at him wrong. He set up Trotsky so he won the people as well

Yeah, Stalin is responsible for the deaths of about 50 million people. If it wasn't for WW2, Stalin would have been a much less liked figure in his day.

Also, Trotsky was killed with an ice axe, not a pick axe.

Peace Alliance

Hey, volkov i asked for a list. You gave me a... conversation. One i've long since lost (computer problems).

So i went with my fav's. If you want to get picky, i know for a fact that NONE of the communist leaders defended themselves with an army of stoats, rats or weasels (maybe skiffs?).

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 08, 2009, 03:52:47 PM
QuoteI know Stalin was definetly the worst seeing as he murdered anyone who looked at him wrong. He set up Trotsky so he won the people as well

Yeah, Stalin is responsible for the deaths of about 50 million people. If it wasn't for WW2, Stalin would have been a much less liked figure in his day.

Also, Trotsky was killed with an ice axe, not a pick axe.
Oh well, I know many people believe Stalin was responsible for his death.
Stalin was almost as bad as hitler, though many people dont even know his name. I dont think it's fair, some people have even made the claim he was ruthless but good as he reduced poverty by 18% or something like that but thats only because he killed so many people the ones left had tons of inheritances, more job vacancies etc.
Fine, make the troops communists rats, communist stoats etc.

Shadow

conscripts should be rats, stoats should become tanks, battleships skiffs,,,, not sure about weasels.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Briar

Stalin may have reduced poverty, but Hitler pulled a country out of a deep, deep depression and raised the quality of life in Germany in general.

I would argue that Stalin was far, far worse than Hitler.  Yes, Hitler was responsible for the deaths of approx. 6-10 million people (I am not stating the figures lightly) , but Stalin killed Jews/Homosexuals/Disabled people as well.

One of the main reasons Stalin is put is a fairier light than Hitler is that he switched sides and helped the Allied forces in WWII.  But Stalins political camps (gulags) could be just as bad as the concentration camps if not worse.

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

Stalin killed anyone who looked at him the wrong way. Literally. He never was a real member of the alliance in world war 2. He only joined because the Nazi's had served his purpose. He allied with them for power and such then didn't keep his end of the deal. Stalin was just a paranoid (swears lots) who was cunning enough to trick Russia.
Wonder what would've happened if Troskty had won?

Roselin Poisonblade

Quote from: Firetooth on January 08, 2009, 03:06:03 PM
I think so too. Seeing as Castro has nothing to do with russian communisim he doesn't apply. Trotsky didn't even wnat to rule as a communist and such and Lenin and Stalin's communisim was far different from Marx's.
I know Stalin was definetly the worst seeing as he murdered anyone who looked at him wrong. He set up Trotsky so he won the people as well >:(
I do agree Stalin was the worst. But Trotsky did wanted to follow Marx's version of communisim, so Stalin exiled Trotsky and them twisted Marx's ideas to fit himself. And still Castro is a communist even though he had nothing to do with the Russian's Communism. I just wanted to say 'cause I just did a report over this time in my English 2 Honers class last month.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteHey, volkov i asked for a list. You gave me a... conversation. One i've long since lost (computer problems).

I gave you a list! Besides, you're the one who turned it into a conversation. You're such an jerk Ollie. Blaming me for your own foul ups.

So i went with my fav's. If you want to get picky, i know for a fact that NONE of the communist leaders defended themselves with an army of stoats, rats or weasels (maybe skiffs?).

Well that's true enough.

QuoteOh well, I know many people believe Stalin was responsible for his death.
Stalin was almost as bad as hitler, though many people dont even know his name. I dont think it's fair, some people have even made the claim he was ruthless but good as he reduced poverty by 18% or something like that but thats only because he killed so many people the ones left had tons of inheritances, more job vacancies etc.
Fine, make the troops communists rats, communist stoats etc.

Stalin probably was responsible for his death. Stalin was probably actually worse than Hitler in some ways. But then Stalin didn't kill 12 million people in death camps, so on the whole, I'd say Hitler was worse. What Stalin did do was rapidly turn the USSR into an industrial power from a mostly agrarian society. In the process, he did reduce poverty. As you said, He also killed a lot of people, which also tends to reduce poverty, as the people who are left can take the jobs.

Stalin may have reduced poverty, but Hitler pulled a country out of a deep, deep depression and raised the quality of life in Germany in general.

Yeah, Hitler did do that, mostly by re-militarizing Germany. He put everyone to work building weapons and such. In the process, he spent basically the entire German gold reserve.

I would argue that Stalin was far, far worse than Hitler.  Yes, Hitler was responsible for the deaths of approx. 6-10 million people (I am not stating the figures lightly) , but Stalin killed Jews/Homosexuals/Disabled people as well.

6-10 million people, in just the death camps. Overall, Hitler is responsible for somewhere between 10 and 25 million deaths. Plus whoever was killed in the war. Another 10 million Russian civilians were massacred in Operation Barbarossa, and many of the troops captured in the operation didn't survive very long either. Thing is, Stalin had years and years to do all that he did. His rule lasted from 1922 to 1953. Hitler was in power for only 11 years. That's 20 years less than Stalin had. Hitler killed almost as many as Stalin did, in 1/3 of the time. Not to mention launching the most deadly war in history.

QuoteOne of the main reasons Stalin is put is a fairier light than Hitler is that he switched sides and helped the Allied forces in WWII.  But Stalins political camps (gulags) could be just as bad as the concentration camps if not worse.

Yeah, I agree with that, though the Gulags weren't just outright death camps, in the way that Buchenwald was. They killed lots of people in the Gulags, but mostly through mistreatment.