Redwall Timeline?

Started by baransarn, March 16, 2003, 02:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baransarn

In the book The Long Patrol in chapther 10, it says:
"Brazen and slow, Redwall's twin bells boomed out sonorously, calling eveybeast to table for the evening meal."
Does this mean that the Long Patrol place in the Redwall Timeline is after Redwall and Mattimeo. The twin bells, Matthias and Methuselah happened in the book Redwall, therefore showing that The Long Patrol(the book) happened after Redwall. If you have the book, check it out and give an opinion.
Baransarn, WarLord of Peskiness
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
"There was a squirell named Pesselus,
who weighed less than all of us.
He was really fast
And was known now and the past
There was a squirell name Pessulus
who weighed less than all of us!"

The Lady Shael

What evidence does the book give that it happens /before/ the book Redwall? Here's a list of the books in chronological order: (I have it memorized, you get that stuck in your head when you run an info site)

Lord Brocktree
Martin the Warrior
Mossflower
Legend of Luke
Outcast of Redwall
Mariel of Redwall
The Bellmaker
Salamandastron
Redwall
Mattimeo
Pearls of Lutra
The Long Patrol
Marlfox
Taggerung
Triss
(Loamhedge)

Typed in less than 30 seconds.  :D  I could name you the books in published order as well, and also a recommended reading order for the series. AND the Abbey Warrior, Friar, Recorder, Abbot/Abbess, Cellar Keeper and more from each book. It's all at my site. http://www.geocities.com/redwalldatabase. Hee.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

baransarn

Quote from: The Lady ShaelWhat evidence does the book give that it happens /before/ the book Redwall?
I stated it, In chapter 10, it mentions the twin bells, therefore happening after Redwall. This is the first time reading the series in a long, long, long time!
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
He was really fast

Kilkenne

Actually Shael, Loamhedge would either go first or between Lord Brocktree and Martin the Warrior methinks...

Bloodrath

Nope Kilk, BJ actually stated the plot would be about the ruins of Loamhedge and everything, not the begining of it or something like that. I will try and find the source on that.

http://www.redwall.org/images/loamhedge_resume.gif

That is hard to read but there has been a printed copy of that shows it typed out. I will try and find that later. Anyway, the letter states it will be a journey of ruins.

Bloodrath

Ah, ok here is what that letter says that BJ wrote. I will just put in another post, so it is separated from idea of what it is. It is a tad lengthly I guess also.

I have anticipated that some of you may not be able to read Mr. Brian Jacques' wonderful but very illegible handwriting so here's what it says. ~~~~ represents a word that I could not make out the number of ~ represents the number of letters

Loamhedge.

Multiply the number of seasons it takes for a stone to grow old, by a thousand, and the name of Loamhedge is still spoken of at Redwall Abbey. The first mice led by Abbess Germaine, fled the great sickness of Loamhedge to wander though Mossflower. There it was that they met Martin the Warrior and his Corim friends. Together they helped build Redwall Abbey. Most of Loamhedge was destroyed at the climax of "Mattimeo". But still it's mysteries lay hidden. What secrets of ancient wisdom were buried there? Loamhedge is the story of how Redwallers went on a quest to find these answers. A young haremaid has spent her life in a home made wheelchair, unable to walk.

Ancient riddles are solved by wise creatures. The answer is to be found only at Loamhedge. Meet two ex Dibbuns, now growing old SAROBANDO the otter and his companion, BRAGOON the squirrel. Heading a small party they set out on a journey - facing fur raising perils and rousing adventures. Meanwhile back at the Abbey, a rambling vermin crew have come, seeking what they have been told is a magic sword.

My pen carries on writing, but my lips are sealed. I can tell you no more -- My, faithful Webmaster David will tell you more when I let him know the rest - So trust him

Brian Jacques

RECORDER OF REDWALL ABBEY

Kazaar

would that magical sword be Martin's sword?

baransarn

I believe thats the only "magical" sword in the Abbey. Even though it's not.
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
He was really fast

Badrang the Tyrant

I believe so Kilk.  I guess the abbeybeasts think that its magic or something, cause Martin never lost a fight with it.

baransarn

Remember what Martin said, " the sword can be used for evil or good. It depends on who uses it!" The sword isnt magic, it depends on the skill and honor of the Warrior.
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
He was really fast

The Lady Shael

Loamhedge happens AFTER Triss. I hate this argument. I said the same thing at Terrouge and no one believed me, even though it said right on redwall.org. And the magical sword IS Martin's, another clue that shows it happens after Abbess Germaine, because the sword hadn't been forged at that time. Just making it clear.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

baransarn

I know that the "magic sword" is Martin's. Im saying that it isnt actually magic.
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
He was really fast

AzureLink

atually it isnt. its made from moon stone that makes it stronger so u kould say it isnt
Azure-Link
I Dont take any attacks without a good reason without retaliating

AzureLink

i tried to organize the books but there is 2 many mistakes so dont worry about it
Azure-Link
I Dont take any attacks without a good reason without retaliating

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: The Lady ShaelLoamhedge happens AFTER Triss. I hate this argument. I said the same thing at Terrouge and no one believed me, even though it said right on redwall.org. And the magical sword IS Martin's, another clue that shows it happens after Abbess Germaine, because the sword hadn't been forged at that time. Just making it clear.
Shael, did you not read what Bloodrath just wrote?