Bye Guy

Started by Blankshots, May 25, 2009, 07:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

K thanks
We could always do it in two teams.
Your team and my team.
we would probably do it alot faster that way.
just a thought
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Gen. Volkov

QuoteFine come and lead the clan for all i care.
I'd happily hand over leadership to you and you can even pick your own clan co-leader.

Well, if you are willing to do that, I might work with you after all.

QuoteBtw im just curios but why dont you want to be in a clan i lead anyway.

To be honest, it's because there are only few players here that I would willingly put myself under their leadership, I fully trust those few to lead a clan of veteran players to their goal. I haven't worked much with you before Oblit, but at present you are not one of those players. Sorry, no offense is meant.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Obliterator

None taken just message me once you have joined the clan and ill hand over leadership.
I confess im not to good at leading not that iv tried it much.
All i ask is that you make me a diplomat.

Gen. Volkov

OK, fair enough.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wolf Snare

LOL

no offense Volk, but do you have any idea how pathetic this made you look?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

I wouldn't go as far to agree with Snare that it's pathetic, but I do think volk before you say you can't trust oblit to run a clan you should give him a chance. We can't all be the ideal leader, but if not given the chance who knows?
But eh, your leader now, just my say on it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

Quote from: Wolf Snare on May 31, 2009, 02:50:45 PM
LOL

Hey snare want to join up.
We could really use you.

Wolf Snare

well, you see, I only trust a certain few people to lead a clan, and umm, well, I no longer have faith in the new leader of emp = dead.

ROFL.

see volk?

sad, just sad.

that you simply reconcidered for the title of the clan, which means jack..

I've more faith in oblit than yourself.

good luck guys.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteLOL

Snare, shut up. He asked. I wasn't gonna say anything more. To be quite honest, it was not his ability to lead that worried me, it was that he associated with you and Bob-sama and was willing to condone your cheating. I would not willingly put myself under the leadership of someone who would defend what you guys have now done twice. I was trying to be nice about the whole thing, but since you decided to try and assassinate my character, I decided to give full disclosure. Oblit is a great player, and I'm sure he's a good leader, but that was never my concern. Oblit may even be an honorable guy, but as the quote from Batman goes, "It's your actions that define you".

QuoteI wouldn't go as far to agree with Snare that it's pathetic, but I do think volk before you say you can't trust oblit to run a clan you should give him a chance. We can't all be the ideal leader, but if not given the chance who knows?
But eh, your leader now, just my say on it.

It was never about his leadership ability Firetooth, it was about his character. He can be in my clan, if he's willing to obey my rules, but right now I don't trust him enough to be in a clan run by him. That's what cheating does, it ruins your reputation.

well, you see, I only trust a certain few people to lead a clan, and umm, well, I no longer have faith in the new leader of emp = dead.

Snare, go eat a shoe. I stopped giving a darn about what you thought or said about the time you started abusing the code and associating with other code abusers. At this point I wouldn't be in a clan run by you either. If you are ready to abandon the dark side, though, you can join the clan.

Quotesee volk?

See above.

sad, just sad.

Nothing sad about it, I won't work under someone who condones code abuse.

Quotethat you simply reconcidered for the title of the clan, which means jack..

I reconsidered because I know that in a clan run by me, no code abuse will occur. That was my only consideration.

QuoteI've more faith in oblit than yourself.

Kiss my rear.

Wolf Snare

Okay Volk, after our MSN chat I've agreed to be more lenient in my attacks on your character in this response, but I do have a few points to mention... Firstly, you don't have to quote BatMan to get your point across. ^_^

Secondly, other than a certain few individuals who have been around longer, Oblit is one of the most trustworthy and reasonable people in this game. Your ignorance to his personality is no excuse to attack it.

I was merely pointing out the fact that the way this topic played out, namely your sudden change of mind when offered leadership, made you look rather (for lack of a better word, sorry) pathetic.

That having been said, I told you before, you can argue "code abuse" until you are blue in the face, and I can personally say your (biased) opinion on the matter doesn't affect me in the slightest. I am going to call you on what you said about Oblit, though. He never once defended the hasty decisions of a few of our clan members, only ever tried to resolve the situation. As I said on MSN, in times like those not everyone on board has a chance to give their input -- infact very few condoned the actions of vacationing -- it just happened.

Of course it would look silly to disagree publically with your own clan, especially with you guys already down our throats, surely a smart guy like you can understand the reasons for defending clanmates, regardless of personal opinion. I suggest you apologize to Oblit for coming across so arrogant while being so poorly informed on his character. Your personal assumptions should not carry over to a public opinion of him, as it was inadequate and poorly decided upon.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: Wolf SnareThat having been said, I told you before, you can argue "code abuse" until you are blue in the face, and I can personally say your (biased) opinion on the matter doesn't affect me in the slightest. I am going to call you on what you said about Oblit, though. He never once defended the hasty decisions of a few of our clan members, only ever tried to resolve the situation. As I said on MSN, in times like those not everyone on board has a chance to give their input -- infact very few condoned the actions of vacationing -- it just happened.

Sorry Snare, but you are completely wrong here. Oblit did in fact defend your clans code abuse.

Quote from: The Obliterator
well what options do you leave us after destroying all our leader defences.
Ok so your telling me that if all your leaders of the people in your whole clan was gone and you were holding 22 bil cash you do the honourable thing and stay around waiting for it to get smashed.
Anyways we are rodents for goodness sake we dont have honour.

If that's not a defense of your actions, I don't know what is.

Quote from: Wolf Snare
Of course it would look silly to disagree publically with your own clan, especially with you guys already down our throats, surely a smart guy like you can understand the reasons for defending clanmates, regardless of personal opinion. I suggest you apologize to Oblit for coming across so arrogant while being so poorly informed on his character. Your personal assumptions should not carry over to a public opinion of him, as it was inadequate and poorly decided upon.

Clan solidarity is all well and good, but code abuse should never be defended. If it had been me in his position, I would have made it clear that I had no part in the decision, and did not support the actions taken.

I was merely pointing out the fact that the way this topic played out, namely your sudden change of mind when offered leadership, made you look rather (for lack of a better word, sorry) pathetic.

OK, I can understand how it might have looked, however, as I explained, I can only trust a few people here to lead a clan that I am in without cheating. Oblit is not one of those people, however I do know that any clan I am leading will not be abusing the code, hence my change of mind. I never said I wouldn't work with Oblit, I simply said I wouldn't be in a clan he is leading. At this point, I wouldn't be in the clan any former Guy member was leading, or even one windy was leading. Any of them are free to be in a clan I lead, but only if they follow my rules.

QuoteSecondly, other than a certain few individuals who have been around longer, Oblit is one of the most trustworthy and reasonable people in this game. Your ignorance to his personality is no excuse to attack it.

You're right, I don't know him, so I am going off what he has done. I didn't want to attack his character, in fact I was willing to look like an elitist jerk so I wouldn't have to do so. But then you decided to get involved.

Okay Volk, after our MSN chat I've agreed to be more lenient in my attacks on your character in this response, but I do have a few points to mention... Firstly, you don't have to quote BatMan to get your point across. ^_^

LOL. Right. But it is a very good, and very applicable quote.

Shadow

Actually, Snare (or someone using one of Snare's past monickers) is too busy killing Members of FOE this round since he is sore about losing last round to participate in emp runs. Who said who was pathetic?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

I suspect that's Bob-sama myself.

Shadow

Yeah you could be right, Snare is usually My Desolate Plague.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Night Wolf

Id have to agree with volkov, Snare has actually been trying to help me this round. Or someone calling themselves snare is anyway.