USA about to declare war.

Started by Ereptor, March 17, 2003, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

Does anyone have any opinions on my country going to war?  I know Britian is supporting.  BTW HAPPY PAT'S DAY EVERYONE.   If your old enough to enjoy it.....
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Dead Eye

Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Kilkenne

Dead Eye, though I support war full-heartedly, I believe that anyone who cannot spell Iraq should not be entitled to an opinion on the matter.

Scarwake

I on the other hand do not support this war with Iraq.  Sure they've managed to build weapons, but we still have more than what they do and they're no threat to us.  If they were to have attacked us, that would be different, then I would support the war.
I feel that this war is going to be one that could possibly lead to many others in the future.  I'm an American, but I'm able to see that America has put a lot of countries around the world under America's juristiction, which I find makes it hard to run anything the way it should be ran in the eyes of the religion, and in the eyes of the government of these countries that are basically under the the control of the United States of America.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Kilkenne

With the weapons issue - We only care that they have these weapons because they do not keep good tabs on them and tend to sell them to terrorist organizations...

I just want you people to remember that in the Gulf War, one division of our army traveled 106 miles in 100 hours and captured 11,000 Iraqi troops while losing less than five of their own. This was the ground war, and this is to dispell any further argument of U.S. life from a ground war. (Has nothing to do with Scarwake's answer)

Van

Why can't Iraq have nuclear weapons?  I think the U.S. has atom bombs which are basically weapons of mass destruction.  So why can't iraq have them?  Maybe they are just going to use them for defense.
Leader of Vermin Raiders

Also has been called a insane chipmunk.

Go to Homestarrunner Its a cool site.
StrongBad rules!

RazorClaw

Scarwake, you idiot. I don't believe that we should sit around waiting for them to attack us first. What if they attack your town next? You won't have any time to feel stupid about it.

Kilkenne

You don't deserve an opinion for saying that. Oh god, I did NOT just read that. You deserve to be deported, you cynical doot. This is one topic I am GOING to swear on because you are basically saying "Let's donate nuclear missiles to the insane asylum! Then we can let them spin a globe that is really just a big map of America, let them put their finger down, and see what they're going to Nuke first!" Jesus, what don't you people all understand about the fact that that country is led by an insane man, and he will kill all of us if he HAD weapons to do so, which he does not. If he did, however, I would hope that you were just outside the blast radius so you can get leukemia or some other radiation orientated disease and DIE.

(DIRECTED AT VAN, THIS WHOLE POST)

((Razorclaw couldn't claim you, he's still between newb and oldbie.))

Ruatine

My father is in the army. He's not a fighter. He works with food. Making sure there is enough to feed the troops and that there are no chemicals or pathogens in it. Right now he is in Bahrain (if you don't know where it is, look it up). He has been since last June, and he won't be coming home until the end of this June. He could very well be killed if there is a war in Iraq however long it is.  Nevertheless, I support going to war with Iraq and so does my father. The U.S. may have more weapons than Saddam, but that doesn't mean anything. Why wait until he launches a missile right at our country? Do hundreds of thousands of people have to die before we do something about this maniacal man? Thousands of his own people have already died because of his insanity. Do thousands of Americans need to die too?
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Kilkenne

Teufel - He does not have anything that could reach our country. If he did, he'd have used it as a bargaining chip LONG before now!

EVERYONE HAD BETTER WATCH THE BUSH ADDRESS TONIGHT ON ABC, (For USA) IT WILL BE THE FINAL DECISION! IT SHOULD BE ON BBC IN THE UK!

Bloodrath

I am just going to quote myself from Terrouge to what I said, cause I don't really feel like typing all that out again. ;)

Also, you have completely not listen to the facts. Over 100 000 people will die per years from bad health care and lack of food, and to that figure you must add in the people he kills. He chops off there heads for small crimes or rapes them, if they are even crimes.

Listen. I and others can tell you what will happen or what the high chances of what will happen, but that is all theory. Okay then. But, you can't ignore the figures and the facts.

Since around 1991, Saddam has let 1 000 000 people die, of hungry,health ect. That is a fact.

Saddam has violented EVERY UN resolution are rules or conditions that they sent to him. Everyone. That is a fact.

He has used chemical weapons aganist his-own-people. He has used chemical weapons against Iran in the 80s. That is a fact.

He has lied and misled UN inspecters and delayed them while they were searching for weapons. That is a fact.

He has told UN inspecters they can not go in certain places, like Palaces for example to search for weapons. That is a fact.

Here is a very key fact. in resolution 1441, ALL 15 countires in the security council agreed, signed, ect. to this resolution. That resolution states, like I and Kenny said before, that since November 4th, 2002, the UN had giving Saddam conditions and rules, checkpoints he had to follow. This resoultion is just a summary of all the resolutions since 1991. It states that if Saddam does not comply with the rules and follow them, then force or heavy actions are aloud. All of the 15 countires in the security council agreed to this, even France.

So, Saddam time has run out. The US has tried all measures to get Saddam to comply peacefully. He has not complied with the rules. Now the time is up. And, that resolution states when the time is up, the US and allies may take Saddam out with force.

Thos are facts that are real. We can debate what happens after this war, or what will happen during the war, or what will happen if this war doesn't happen, but you can't push out the facts that are staring you in the face, but cleary, all antiwarists are.

Also, to answer your question Van. The US does have nucular weapons. They are part of a good of nations, including Russia, France, Germany, ect.. that they are aloud to hold nucular weapons, and are only allowed to use them with FULL UN agreement, or in a time of a huge crisis, a lot bigger than the one at hand now.

Iraq on the other hand is not allowed to have these weapons because the world has said they are not aload. The world feels that Iraq would use it for the offense, rather than the defense. We have seen Saddam use chemical weapons agianst Iran in the 80s and against his won people. Why would he do the same with nucular weapons? Also, Saddam has served jail time in Siberia, for opposing the government and getting into a lot of trouble. He escaped from jail am went back to Iraq. This was some years ago, but thw worls still has this in mind.

The US is the only country to have used nucular weapons in history. That was a time when it was needed, even though many people do not support it. Anyway, the Nations that are aload to hold these weapons are constantly under watch, and the UN keeps track of all these major missles and where they are located in. It is just amazing that you could think that Saddam would be peaceful with these weapons. He would never be issued to have these in his possion. Not in a million years.

Heh. Dead Eye. You better learn how to spell better, cause that is just sad. "Irakies" is just a horrid spelling. Heh. Sounds like a second grader. No offense, but you better review your atlas or something like that.

*Goes off muttering*

Bloodrath

Also, Kilk, Saddam did have weapons that were reported to be able to it close to the shoreline. It was not confirmed that these statements were true, but some of the weapons that were inquestion, were destroyed. Though the report afterword was pretty interesting. They said Saddam would be able to reach us easily within a few years.

Also, another fact just to put in. You know how chemical weapons are Weapons of Mass Disruction? Well, it has not been confirmed yet, but some UN members have stated that Saddam has been handing out some chemical weapons to his "Elite" guard. Anyway, the point I am making is that, Saddam does have these weapons, and, he may use them. In this case, the US and allies would be right all along, that he still has possion of these weapons. It will be interesting if this report can be confirmed because, Saddam would be in a deep dark whole, caught in the act.

Ruatine

I never said he has a missile right now that he could launch at the U.S., but rather I implied that if we do nothing about Saddam, he will acquire a long range missile, which he would then launch at the U.S.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Kilkenne

As of now, though, we have forces all 'round Iraq and we're watching that country every second of the day. If they launched this missile, it'd be a pretty big thing, and we'd see it. We would let this missile travel over a large body of water, then we'd unleash happy Mr. Patriot Missile on it, and it would go down. These anti-missile things are real, and they work, we shot down SCUDs in the gulf war like nothin', so why can't we shoot down something that would be MUCH bigger and we'd have much more time to react?

Ereptor

Bush wants war.  He wanted war from day one.  Weapons has nothing to do with it at this point.  He will give Saddam one week to leave or face the US weapon.  The United States is the most powerfull nation in the world by far.  A history teacher in my University compared the United States today to Greece, but said we have become more powerfull with more influence than any nation that EVER was.  This is true.  But i believe we are overstretching our hand.  As for Saddam.  He is not the greatest guy in the world.  And the world would be a better place without him and his regime.  But are we the ones to place or rather displace him?  Also Saddam has said he will stand the last stand with his country and he will not give up.  

This is just what Bush wants.  A war and a Dictor to bring war.  Bush knows Saddam will not step down, and Saddam does not intend to.  And waddah we have?  A good ole fashion war.....except not.  We will see if he steps down.  I doubt it.  But anything is possible....
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*