USA about to declare war.

Started by Ereptor, March 17, 2003, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenobi

Quote from: TSR

Another thing that popped up is this. No Scud missile ever reached Israel during the Gulf War, so don't talk about these things Bloody, when over half of them aren't true.

Actually, thats where your wrong. A few scud missles did reach Isreal during the gulf war, i think it was only two though and the us tried to keep it concealed. But, these secrets leaked out and eventually to the general public

Fenix

Shy, Read the entirety of my topic, I told you why the UN hasn't agreed to declare on Iraq, they are afraid of anti-prejudicial criticism.  Anti-racism is in more effect unfair than fair, in current day statistics.  People are so afraid of being charged/accused of being prejudice or racist that they fold under pressure, and do things that are NOT right.  And a multi-national organization like the United Nations is just like that.
U.S. Isn't afraid to make a stand and be an unclaimed hero in PREVENTING a world war.
Don't expect to ask questions you can't answer, or you'll get an answer you don't like.
Good day, Shy.

Shytalon

You know, I think that a war would be a deeper topic on people's minds than what others think of them... maybe I give these countries too much credit with that, though.

Seeing as how I' have debated this in four different forums, and numerous times at school, I shall merely direct you to the RFF post about it.

Just get one thing straight. I go with Don Bruce III's words: "I'm not a dove or a hawk, I'm an effing Penguin."

Have a Nice Day.

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Fenix

Reply here.
I don't care if you won arguments on other forums, you're in my arena now.  You're too hastey.

Shytalon

Too hasty? Your arena? Tchah... The post I delegated for you was not even one of my own. I intended it to be one for those who wish to know valid opinions.

Forgive me for my lack of enthusiasm on this topic, it is worn out. Besides, I believe I stated my views, backed them up with reasons, and am patiently waiting for a readable response.

As for a side note, I would like to point out that I will never participate in serious Bush-bashing. That's a pitiful, weak way out. He's a man that has a lot of major decisions to make, and I'll respect him for that.

You gotta admit that his grasp fo the English language leaves something to be desired, though...

And in the words of my French teacher, "Freedom Fries? What are we, 12?"

No offense to anyone of said age or lower... but that is something you'd expect from someone that young.

~Shy, Myuh!

EDIT: I'd also like to note that I never said that I won any arguments. Hard to when no one is against your side.
"Like a song,
C'est la vie."

Ereptor

TSR YOU ARE NOT FING WRITING.  YOU ARE QUOTING.  and long lines of a post that we have allready read.   and you inlcude a 2 word ending to it.  that is spamming....shesh *bangs head against wall* newbies?
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

calria

Discussing topics and listening to others seems to be a happenstance of which this thread is devoid.

I respectfully withdraw myself from this conversation and/or topic, leaving behind only my ideas. It's this type of one-sidedness that hurts me most. When will you learn to bleed for your countries?

Please, don't mention this topic at me in any of the other threads on the forums. I'm liable to quit the forums at the moment... your bigotted statements and angriness in the face of more angriness leaves me dismayed, disgusted, and frightened for the future.

Shytalon

I would personally prefer it if you stayed, Cal. You offer a side to the conflict that cannot be matched by any other. I apologize for not recognizing it in my last post, but I am proud of you for serving our country.

Kudos to you. When I come of age, I can only hope to look to you as an example.

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
C'est la vie."

calria

Thanks, Shy.

This type of discussion just gets me too worked up... years and years on the Model UN and Public Speech & Debate teams at my school have gotten me into the habit of arguing, and when people don't debate properly, I get frustrated. I had to go and backspace through a very long post I almost posted because it was full of swear words. *sigh* lol Sarah's rearing her ugly head tonite, and so I'm going to stick to topics that encourage me to be Calria, instead. *chuckle* Although you have to admit I am a bit of a rarity- a liberal pacifist female democrat jumping into the military lol

TSR

Quote from: EreptorTSR YOU ARE NOT FING WRITING.  YOU ARE QUOTING.  and long lines of a post that we have allready read.   and you inlcude a 2 word ending to it.  that is spamming....shesh *bangs head against wall* newbies?
Ereptor, again you prove that you are a newbie. Call me a newbie, would you? First then, go ahead and /read/ what is written inside those quotes.  peppered it with my comments. Lol.

Ereptor

Ok.  TSR you are a newbie.  Happy.  sigh........i give up.  You are spamming but you don't realize it.  Not much i can do.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

TSR

LOL. What a thickhead. You're the newbie, because you don't spell, you don't use punctuation, you flagrantly laugh at grammar, and you don't even bother to read all that I wrote. I hope everbody is not that thick - ergo you have read my comments?

Bloodrath

Beatles, how are you so sure you are correct in some of the comments you did against me? Hm? Just something interesting. The UN has stated that Saddam has by headed people, and he does have a rape chamber. I will try and find the source but that is correct.

Also, how would you know if nukes can be shot out of the air so easily? Have the States or anyone else had nukes fired at them? Well I don't think so, and nukes are different then scuds.

Also, like people have stated, scuds did get through into Israel. I am not sure how many, but yes the did get through.

Also, Saddam did set chemical weapons against his own people. In the late 1980s, Saddam set chemical weapons on the Kurds, which are part of the Iraqi people, and killed thousands of them, and also hurting thousands more. That did happen, and every year the people remember the horrid moment. Actually, the just had the day 2 or so days ago, remembering the time Saddam hit them. So, he did use chemcial weapons against his own people.

QuoteSaddam has violented EVERY UN resolution are rules or conditions that they sent to him. Everyone. That is a fact.

-Hmm, er, haha, that would be stretching it a lot. A lot. To put it plainly: that is an exaggeration by about 246%.

No its not. Since 1991, Iraq has been giving conditions it must follow. All of the conditions pertaining too Weapons of Mass Descruction were not met by Saddam. That has been clearly stated in the UN and the US. Saddam was sent about 17 resolutions since 1991. He has met none of there demands. So when I said every resolution, that is correct, because the UN has stated he has met none of them.

Retto

I think it's interesting to note that, by a string of resolutions, we have the allowance of the UN...

Reso. 678: Authorizes UN Member States "To use all necessary means to uphold and implement resolution 660 [regarding the invasion of Kuwait] and all subsequent relevant resolutions..."

Reso. 687: [one of the resolutions ending the gulf war, I believe, which was the invasion of Kuwait] Iraq must "unconditionally accept" the destruction, removal, or rendering harmless ... of all "chemical and biological weapons and all stocks of agents and all related susbsystems and components and all resarch, development, support and manufacturing facilities"

So, by those two (I believe the president mentioned them), we are authorized to go in and disarm Iraq, pretty much.

http://www.state.gov/p/nea/rls/01fs/14906.htm
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Scarwake

TSR and whomever else happened to be talking about "nucluer weapons" or however you guys are spelling it.  You're all spelling it wrong, it's nuclear weapons with an "e" not a "u."
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album