USA about to declare war.

Started by Ereptor, March 17, 2003, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Gore would still be apologizing to Bin Laden about those towers being in his way. j/k LOL. Seriously though, people would be just as tired of GOre by now. And HIS stupid ex-cabinet members. Um.. Orcrist.. you might want to rethink what you said... not exactly the brightest of comments.

[edit sorry for the mild flame if you saw this before the edit Orcrist.. its just comments like that make my blood boil]
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Orcrist

Gen. Volkov, I should have been more clear in my post: I was trying to state the only problem I could find with Iraqi War. You may have misunderstood, I am a full supporter of the war still.

Juska, I believe that Gore would have been not nearly as successful as Bush was as President. Gore would have been less decisive on this topic, and, if Gore had been elected, maybe today Saddam would still be torturing people just for fun.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Gen. Volkov

OH... I see. Sorry. I mean that problem may or may not exist.. but I get your point now.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Ugnoth

Quote from: OrcristI just have to add one more thing to what everyone else has said. First off, I'm a Republican, and, yes, I did support this war, however, I disagree with what is going on right now in Iraq. Bush is trying to establish a democracy in Iraq. This is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Democracy in a Muslim country will not work. The religion and democracy do not work well together at all. I understand that we are trying to give Iraqi people more freedom, but there are a few problems. First of all, this might seem radical to you, but some Iraqi people don't want any more freedom. These people, orthodox followers of the Islamic faith, feel it is against their religion. Also, what happens if the Iraqi people elect someone whom we don't support? Will we take him out of power too? How will this make the Iraqis feel about us? I think we have to find a different solution.
Right.  So you're saying that we should have gone to war in Iraq, but not attempted to rebuild its government?  What should we have tried to do, then?

QuoteBush is trying to establish a democracy in Iraq. This is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Democracy in a Muslim country will not work.
Read the Bible.  Read of God crowning kings.  Read of God permitting slavery.  Read of Jesus telling His followers to give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and obey all authority.  Read Luke 19:11-27.  The Bible never comes up with an idea anything like democracy, and never supports such a thing.  And when you're done, read the Koran before you condemn the religion.

Anyway, even if some of the people there oppose democracy, that does not mean that we should ensure that none of them have any chance at having rights.

~>John<~

Give to caesar/....... meant pay taxes/////
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Ugnoth

And thus bow down and accept the corrupt manner in which taxes were collected in the time.  Jesus was essentially saying that nothing should be done about the way that most tax collectors would collect more taxes than the person in question owed, and kept what was left over for themselves.

~>John<~

it not say that.....It said pay the allotted amount, not give extra, you are completely misintrepreting this
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Blackeyes

Quote from: KilkenneI would hope that you were just outside the blast radius so you can get leukemia or some other radiation orientated disease and DIE.

Shut your mouth about Leukemia, my cousin has it and he's not good at the moment, don't you ever wish that upon another person again! :angry:  
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Gen. Volkov

Blackeyes, that was last year... Kilk doesn't even post here anymore. And I doubt he was serious.

Darth Tyrannus

*Is going over the various posts Tyrannus made.* Wow. A) I was a total A-hole as Tyrannus. LOL. B) I know quite a bit more now than I did then. C) This is mildly funny to read nowadays, in light of it being 2007 and we are still dealing with essentially the same stuff in Iraq.
Mostly referring to the "with the war winding down" comment.

-Volkov
user posted image
user posted image