Multiple-choice:

Started by Vengerak, January 12, 2003, 05:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

I'm guessing that logic will carry the day, but no doubt there will be many in the anti-Vengy talking camp.  

Wickedclaw

I voted for the 5th one down, like Raine said, its the probably the most logical and the one that most people will pick. Plus it just makes sense.

Shael of Torethevel

Raine, you're weird. You made me lose necessary brain power to figure out that poll. But I don't get why someone would attack another horde who can easily defeat you...maybe we should start an anti-Vengy talking camp... :P  
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Vengerak

Exactly! Once again I point out the first rule of Roman warfare: ''If you can't win, don't fight.''.

Therefore any attacks upon anyone (Lest you're suiciding against some powerful guy.) are inherently dishonourable, because you will only do it if you feel pretty sure that you're opponent will not be able to fend you off.

Which debunks the whole ''honour'' thing.

Vengerak

darn it Shael, squeezing in between posts like that ^_^ ... & I meant that in reply to Wickedclaw.

Wickedclaw

lol, I do agree about the whole attacking if you know they cant attack back and kill you thing. Most people see someone below them that they know they can beat, but they dont realize that they might also be able to beat you. I have gained that through experiance, mainly when I attacked one guy, who had a lot of skiffs and I blew him away with my stoats, then he came back and blew me away with his skiffs, taking all my land I just got from him, plus more. So I also agree with "If you can't win, dont fight" but it is actually pretty basic.(Those Romans were smart people, lol)

I wonder if this was a Roman rule of war: "If you cant beat em', cheat em'."

Fenix

This poll is very odd, I'd rather attack someone who has ALOT of land to the point that he no longer has alot of land ( a better target arises )
allies and NW has nothing to do with it...

Trident

I voted the choice that made most sense:  shut up Raine.

Vengerak

You editted darn? How middle-class are you? Good GOD. What sort of insanley politically correct left-wing enviroment were YOU brought up in?

Stupid cult of censorship...

Vengerak

Seriously, I think you should ask around the forum, see if there is anyone at ALL who is offended by the word ''darn''. It isn't a curse by ANY stretch of the imagination.

Bloodrath

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Heh, this is going to be a long process...

Vengerak

Bloodrath agrees with me, by the by.

Also, at least 95% of us use ''swear words'' casually in real life. Why pretend that you are offended by them online? You're eighteen, Stormclaw. Unless you are INCREDIBLY upright & middle-class, I cannot possibly believe that you are either offended by or never use the word ''darn''.

Menatus

Wait...darn is a swear?

I choose someone land fat. And weak.

Trident

Most four letter words are swear words -.-

Vengerak

Heh. My real name consists of four letters.