You go away for 6 months...

Started by TheSpaceman, June 15, 2009, 04:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryn

Pies.

Sevz

dropping his networth by 6billion is more than you've done to him
we only need 950million networth to attempt attacks now.
our troops don't tremble so bad when we break him plus those attacks i made would have been wasted time like the other 1000s attacks the server could of made on him so far but hasn't.
i'm going to get in range and make more attacks and kill another 3billion networth so we can get in range to not even desert.
what have you done? was that you with the 44 acres of land?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Firetooth

Sevah, that was a bug.
Plus we got 1bil net killed off by some moron called Zeppelin earlier on-you haven't had 1bil net killed off.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Daryn

sigh....this round is too bloodthirsty...
Pies.

Gen. Volkov

Quotedropping his networth by 6billion is more than you've done to him

Actually, we've actually broken him for land, which you haven't. Leader suicides aren't going to accomplish much as far as actually breaking him goes.

Quotewe only need 950million networth to attempt attacks now.

That's great, but you still haven't broken him.

our troops don't tremble so bad when we break him plus those attacks i made would have been wasted time like the other 1000s attacks the server could of made on him so far but hasn't.

No, they don't tremble so bad when you FAIL an attack. Perhaps if you had been suiciding him with stoats instead of leaders, we could have more accomplished here.

i'm going to get in range and make more attacks and kill another 3billion networth so we can get in range to not even desert.

And you still won't have broken the emp. Meanwhile the clock is ticking down on the round.

Quotewhat have you done? was that you with the 44 acres of land?

That was a bug, I broke him twice, should have gotten 40k acres of land, each time.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Personally, I don't see how knocking net off the emperor is a bad thing in the end it helps anyone else who is trying to break him.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Didn't say it was a bad thing, I just think there are more useful ways to knock net off the emp. Such as troop suicides.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Zeppelin

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 24, 2009, 06:34:02 PM
Didn't say it was a bad thing, I just think there are more useful ways to knock net off the emp. Such as troop suicides.
there are more nw-effective ways to knock net off the emp. apparently such as wizard suicides.

Gen. Volkov

Just because he's suiciding wizards doesn't mean he's breaking the emp. So far, the only group to do so has been my group. Woulda been even easier if people had been suiciding his stoats. We coulda gotten even more than 190k off the emp.

Wolf Snare

end result? I believe you owe sevs an apology.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Actually, when I broke I was taking 10% desertions anyway IIRC, it made no difference.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Quoteend result? I believe you owe sevs an apology.

Sevs did a good job breaking the emp, but 1) we got there first, and 2) as shadow said, we were still taking 10% desertions to do it. It still would have been much more useful if people had been suiciding his stoats away.

Wolf Snare

yes, you got through first, and regardless of the 10% thing, sevs still manages alot more damage than you.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

So volk should apologize? Sevah, I am sure volk is truly sorry that you did more damage than he did. ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Quoteyes, you got through first, and regardless of the 10% thing, sevs still manages alot more damage than you.

Coordination kinda broke down after we broke the emp. Oblit didn't run turns for the last 3 days, as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell, for the initial breaks from either us or Sevs, the 10% still applied. Sevah did go on to break for more, and I congratulate him, but I don't see where I need to apologize, because as far as I can tell, I was correct and it would have been more useful to hurt his troops. We were never going to break through his leader defenses in the first place.