Banning of Zeppelin

Started by The Lady Shael, June 29, 2009, 12:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

Neo, take a look at the topic that sparked this banning.

It sickens me that it was allowed to carry on that far, and further sickens me that only the "bad guy" was punished. I have every right to state that I had a problem with the onesidedness of the decision, and have equal rights to state to Shael that I disagree with  this in public; atleast they know they could possibly get the same punishment.

On another note, I am in no way demeaning Shaels authority or decision, I just think she overlooked what happened.

Then again, I can only read what is still posted, and I don't know if Zep went even further and posted things that Shael had to delete. Thus, I wait for her.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Neobaron

It annoyed me too, and I spoke to a couple folks about it. But this isnt the place.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

BigRick

Quote from: Neobaron on June 29, 2009, 02:06:26 AM
This whole discussion just makes the decisions of the administrators seem arbitrary. I think its highly unprofessional for you guys to even post on this topic considering your presence here is an admission that you acquiesce to any and all decisions made by those who own/run/build the game.

I'm sure there are proper channels that dont make us all look so silly. Calling others out in public and playing the blame game isnt the way to do things.

Come on guys.

Freedom of speech?

Anyway, i am unprofessional. This is a GAME, why should i act all serious in it? It is a place to escape from the real world, take on a different persona. Why can't someone make a butt of themselves if they want to? Not to mention if it wasnt for the people, the admins wouldnt have anything to do anyway. Its in my nature to complain.
If I see another pink elephant, I swear I'll shoot!

Wolf Snare

What more suitable place to discuss the events than the topic that explains it?

Rick, we are all able to insult eachother to a degree, but surely you can understand that since this site is based off a childrens series, we are to keep the swears minimal / nonexistant, and try to insult eachother with silly names related to vermin.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

David

You also have to take into consideration that Snare IS a Global Moderator, so he really does have the right to post in this topic, more so then you and I.

And BigRick, you can call this a game but people have worked hard to provide you with this game, and none of the people that worked hard want to see this turn into a hellhole because some people want to be jerks and ruin everything.  Hence why the admins need to do their jobs with gagging and warnings.  I know its a place for people to go away from real life, but just because they are an angry little child doesn't mean they have to take it out on members of the RWL Community.

Night Wolf

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 29, 2009, 12:40:02 AM
The member Zeppelin has been banned from the forums for a week, for repeated swearing in-game and forums, provoking other members, insulting other members, and generally being downright disagreeable.
Just so you know snare me and Ungatt were only Guilty of 2 of the 4 things that zep got banned for(or as far as I know) neither of us have swore and were not being downright disagreeable. We may have provoked him a wee little bit and I hardly insulted him.

Neobaron

If you stop thinking in terms of freedom as something you're entitled to rather than as a responsibility you have to other people then you will understand my point. If your reality is such that you need to come here and make others miserable then there is probably a good reason why those others should take the initiative to protect their fun.

Your fun should never come at the expense of someone elses, and no its not a sensitivity issue. This is a place for fun, not unabated douchebaggery.

You new folks need to lurk more before you start making suggestions or deciding whats acceptable in our realm.

Either way, an admin has made a decision. If there is a problem, the PM function is, I believe, active on this board.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Wolf Snare

Dave - people have their playing style based on what they find fun. No one can argue the fact that some people enjoy ruining other peoples fun, nor can we force them to chose another way in this game.

Night Wolf - I do realize this, but to be completely frank with you that is why I suggested warnings and gaggings as opposed to straight up bannings like Zep got. I know (you not so much, Ungatt moreso) you guys knew you were in the wrong, and further provoked him.

Neo- I did not intend to spark an uprising like this, but I disagree with the decision and as it is not a secret change in the code or a private matter at all, I chose to post my feelings here and offer suitable solutions. I for one know that if you were the one banned you would want some closure on the other offenders aswell.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

David

I was relating to the forums more so the game, Snare.

BigRick

Quote from: Neobaron on June 29, 2009, 02:19:29 AM
If you stop thinking in terms of freedom as something you're entitled to rather than as a responsibility you have to other people then you will understand my point. If your reality is such that you need to come here and make others miserable then there is probably a good reason why those others should take the initiative to protect their fun.

Your fun should never come at the expense of someone elses, and no its not a sensitivity issue. This is a place for fun, not unabated douchebaggery.

You new folks need to lurk more before you start making suggestions or deciding whats acceptable in our realm.

Either way, an admin has made a decision. If there is a problem, the PM function is, I believe, active on this board.

Once again, it is my responisbility to let you know that i am allowed to say what i want on the forums regardless if i am new or not as long as it is within the rules of the forums which as far as i know i have no crossed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how long they have been or havent been playing. I can make suggestions if i want. Its my right. I'm allowed to disagree with you. I can disagree with the admins too. Whoopdy doo. Have a cookie.

I'm not one to lurk. I either jump right in or i dont jump at all. This post does not have anything to do with the original one and i have nothing else to say about it either. So I will stop posting here.
If I see another pink elephant, I swear I'll shoot!

Ungatt Trunn II

He was bashing the game, so I told him to stop. Then he suggested I go start begging and die on the street. You expect me to just ignore that? And go ahead and ban me I'm leaving today anyway.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Shadow

Zeppelin set out to annoy people here and push things as far as he could. He hit the wall and got banned for it. Maybe when he comes back he will have learned a bit from it. I doubt it, but maybe. The others were responding to provocation - it is clear that, while Zep will keep acting as he did without come kind of check, Night WOlf and Ungatt are happy spamming at a PG-13 level when there aren't people like that around to set them off. Which is why Zep got the banstick, and the others didn't. One size fits all justice works best in a community of thousands, but here where everyone knows everyone else, determinations like this can be made ands still be perfectly fair. You did a lot of swearing ingame as well, Cody, so if NW and Ungatt get a gag, then in the interest of fairness you should as well, and mods getting gagged are a bad thing. Which is why we have a staff forum to work out issues where you disagree with an admin's decision. In fact, I do believe that we are specifically requested to post in the staff forum if we disagree with an admin decision, so maybe you could post there to work it out.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on June 29, 2009, 01:59:42 AM
Thanks Dave.

But realistically Shael, ignoring the fact that Zep has tried to ruin the game and whatnot, those two did equal, if not more, insulting. Mainly Ungatt, I'd like to see him gagged, and night wolf atleast warned. Firetooth has gotten on my nerves too with the constant pessimism.

Trying to be completely unbiased here; in any other situation two people going at eachother like that would result in both of them receiving the penalty.
Because Zeppelin constantly annoys me to know ends and phails at trolling epicly.

Wolf Snare I have often had my doubts about whether your staff decisions are in the right but I have never spoken out.
Even after (assuming you were my desolate plauge) you swore at Daryn ingame, so assuming you were, keep it pg 13 gauise ::)
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on June 29, 2009, 05:16:46 AM
He was bashing the game, so I told him to stop. Then he suggested I go start begging and die on the street. You expect me to just ignore that? And go ahead and ban me I'm leaving today anyway.
Snare if he told you to die on the street you'd go balistic, you know it.

Now lets all forget this ever happened and hope Zep doesn't come back(but we don't seem to be very luckly lately)

Zeppelin is what you call a troll-a being who's either bored or justr downright sad who goes on websites sheerly to provoke people. The fact you are defending him Snare is quite beyond my graps.
And Night Wolf and Ungatt were provoked by
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Daryn

Apparently and fortunately, i have successfully stayed out of this Zep business. My sister likes to watch me play Rwl, and if she saw the messages that Zep writes, she'll go ballistic and probably hack into my account and spam his inbox....luckliy, that didnt happen
Pies.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteMaybe what you guys call ruining the game, he calls enjoying the game. People get enjoyment out of things in different ways.

Well Rick, I'm sure griefers and campers and vultchers and all the other people that are regularly complained about in games like CounterStrike also call what they do "enjoying the game", but at the cost of RUINING everyone else's enjoyment of the game. That is basically what I equate Zep's behavior too in this past round of Turbo.

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES