New Redwall Book Poll (apparently i left out some books on the other one...)

Started by Daryn, June 29, 2009, 06:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your top five Redwall books?

Lord Brocktree
Martin the Warrior
Mossflower
Legend of Luke
Outcast of Redwall
Mariel of Redwall
The Bellmaker
Salamandastron
Redwall
Mattimeo
Pearls of Lutra
Long Patrol
Taggerung
Marlfox
Loamhedge
Rakkety Tam
Eulalia
High Rhulain

Mr.Grimm

Because of the jewels. I just felt like saying that. My favorite book would be Rakkety Tam. Because it has a wolverine in it.

Red Fang

that all the redwallers wanted was a bunch of rubies and emeralds
but if i remember it had more to do with it then that

Firetooth

Pearls of lutra and Redwall are my top 2, the rest are all good, my others are High Rhulain, Legend of Luke and Lord Brocktree
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Mossflower is probably my alltime favorite. The Bellmaker is up there too though.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Checkerpaw

Wow, it's hard to believe there are now five Redwall books out that I haven't read.  (I have a copy of Loamhedge but have never gotten around to reading it)

Anyway, in my opinion, there's no contest when it comes to the top three Redwall novels.  They are, in this order: Redwall, Mattimeo and Mossflower.  After that, Brian wrote a bunch of solid but middle-of-the-road books that don't really stand out that much from one another.  From those I picked Pearls of Lutra and Martin the Warrior to fill out the five best.

With the exception of The Legend of Luke, everything I've read from BJ after The Long Patrol is crap. Marlfox, Lord Brocktree and Triss were absymal, and I don't remember Taggerung being much better.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

I -really- didn't like Mattimeo for some reason. I have no idea why, it just never sat well with me.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Red Fang

i agree with you checkerpaw
the first ones were great and then it just went all down hill

Daryn

my favorite was pearls of lutra
i solved most of the riddles by myself     ><
Pies.

Mr.Grimm

Lord Brocktree was also one of my favorites. I didn't like Pearls of Lutra for some reason though. Legend of Luke was a good one too. And Mossflower. I could go on like this for awhile.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on July 03, 2009, 01:04:38 PM
I -really- didn't like Mattimeo for some reason. I have no idea why, it just never sat well with me.
Ditto'd, though Slagar was pretty cool.
Well I thought Rakkety Tam is the best newer one easily, it's suprisingly good, but yeh the older ones are better.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Roselin Poisonblade

The Bellmaker is my favorite book. It has my favorite character Rufe Brush :D

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Night Wolf

Quote from: Red Fang on July 03, 2009, 03:34:47 PM
i agree with you checkerpaw
the first ones were great and then it just went all down hill
Ive never read the first um 5 I think.  :D
And my favorites were lord Brocktree and Rakkety Tam

Daryn

Quote from: Krowdon on July 24, 2009, 11:20:17 AM
My favorite Baddie is probably Cluny the Scourge.

favorite character: sunflash
favorite villain: probably Ungatt Trunn or Rigu Felis
Pies.