Cheaters

Started by Germania, January 12, 2003, 11:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Germania

Lately iv'e been seeing some very suspicious junk related to multiple accounts, the current measures in place are hardly sufficent (email, static ip, and last name check?)

#1 People can make multiple email accounts very easily.
#2 Money is on less than 10% of the people who play are on static ips.
#3 Last names are more easily made up then anything else, but I assume its just a verify check on the "Family member thing"

Ident checks combined with range will tell you if someones just reconnecting to register a new account because the ident will remain the same.

And last but not least a port scan for open proxies will prevent people from just using proxies to make new accounts.

I know all of these to be possibly implemented, http://grc.com (port scan) and theres a way to do ident checks just can't think of it right now.

Trident

Which people are you referring to?  I've noticed names a whole lot alike, and I'm getting suspicious (ie, starfox, starfox mercenary division)

Ereptor

i also have been hearing of multipul accounts.  i think someone should be monitoring this closer than it is being monitored.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Its wierd when you see someone like BadGuy, then u see BadGuy22, Then BadGuy76...I makes u think!!

P.S. Don't Smoke Raisins!!!

RazorClaw

I got banned because my brother wanted to play and set up an account. :angry:  Ican't do anything now.... *tears well up in eyes* I'm never gonna get back on!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :(  

RazorClaw

Also, listen to this: My horde, My Other Horde, (In red) My Dead Horde. Way before I came here. A pic in the old forums by Stormy, entitled "pssssst!".

Menatus

There WAH, The WAHfia, WAH two and a whole bunch of other WAH names. If your gonna make a multiple account, don't use the same names XDD

~>John<~

yes the WAH's are pretty obvious
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Shael of Torethevel

Plus, there's so many hordes with the root word "Juska", sometimes it can get a little suspicious...
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Trident

Juska, Baska, Raska, etc.  Many of those around...

Quamicauzilot

If you want further proof, here's a bit of information.  I searched tag "Juska" and got 16 results.  While most have been deactivated, some are really obvious evidence that this has been going on.  Such as Juska BodyGuard, Juska's BodyGuard, JuskaWong BodyGuard, etc.  All of the warlord numbers for those are fairly close, too.
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

The Beatles

Yup. Then Fenix used to have multis. I know about WAH because when I attacked him, all three attacked me like 18 times. THen Jedi had a multiple account. I msged starfire, and the reply was signed Jedi?! Now he's gone, so it doesn't matter. But the admins are really taking a break now.

[edit]THen there are a lot with Delor in their names. But only one is currently playing, DoD.

Shael of Torethevel

The Delor accounts are extremely suspicious. For one, they all have "Delor" in them. Second, all the warlord numbers are consecutive...they /are/ sort of amusing though....
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

General Austin

Hrm. How about "Romantics Tribe", "Love Tribe", or, the best one, "DEAD BUFFALO TRIBE"!!!! lol
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

calria

then there's all the ones which might not (actually, probably aren't) related, but they always made me wonder, that are themed around Nazi Germany...

At least if people are cheating, the fact of the matter seems to be that they don't get too horribly high in the ranks.