"He wants it a secret"

Started by The Informant, July 21, 2009, 01:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Informant

ok, I honestly dont know what I'm getting myself into, but someone passed this along to me and urged me to make a topic about it because people would find it interesting and it would "change gameplay":

[image removed due to foul language]

I dont get what this has to do with Sevz and his initiation, but I figure others probaly know more about this than me.

-EDIT- Oddly enough, you've blacked the names out, but not the swearing? Please fix it or leave it removed. Thanks.

Holby, mod duties

Gen. Volkov

I think we all kinda knew the Zep was Bob...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

Ew.  Vista, IE, and the default MSN program.  What were you thinking?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Actually it looks like they had some computing sense, as that is actually firefox 3.5, look at the end of the thing.

:P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Nah.  IE 7  and IE 8 copied that, checkout the default search engine.  Noone in their right mind would use Microsoft Live Search

http://www.kirb.us/images/ie8/ie8_3.png

Although...  it does have a star in the url bar. 
I'm on a mac running FF 3.5.1, so I cant look at IE 7 / IE 8 to be sure.  Srsly though, why would anyone change to Microsoft Live Search?  Default, maybe.  But to actively seek it out (its not in FF by default).  I still think he's running IE
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Lol. MOre importantly, now we know for sure that Zep is Bob, not that there ever any doubt. Maybe he will stop being a tool when he doesn't have anonymity.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Well windhound seeing as it was me who took the image I think I'm aware of what browser I use :P
Quote from: Shadow on July 22, 2009, 10:49:43 AM
Lol. MOre importantly, now we know for sure that Zep is Bob, not that there ever any doubt. Maybe he will stop being a tool when he doesn't have anonymity.
More likely he'll dissapear and come back under a new alias months later.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Quote from: windhound on July 22, 2009, 10:27:47 AM
Noone in their right mind would use Microsoft Live Search

Plz to explain why you would do this, befouling your firefox like that.

Firetooth

Quote from: windhound on July 22, 2009, 12:37:01 PM

My bro did it-I always use google, but he insists on using live >:(

Sharptooh

Quote from: windhound on July 22, 2009, 12:37:01 PM

I don't trust google much as a corporation as much as you trust microsoft as a corporation.

The only decent alternatives to google were:

Yahoo
Live search (bing)

live search seemed to have the best results so meh  :P

Trust me it is definitely not IE 7 / 8 I absolutely hate IE, microsoft should leave it to die in some hole and have opera of firefox as the default.

Quote from: windhound on July 21, 2009, 10:52:45 PM
Ew.  Vista, IE, and the default MSN program.  What were you thinking?

I don't really know of any alternatives to the default msn program, the ones I know of are rubbish, do you know of any decent ones, and yes ew vista, my parents won't let me put linux or xp on it.

Quote from: Firetooth on July 22, 2009, 11:14:01 AM
Quote from: Shadow on July 22, 2009, 10:49:43 AM
More likely he'll dissapear and come back under a new alias months later.

More likely he'll stay under the name bob-sama and annoy everyone like he has been doing for the past half year.

windhound

Google has never given me reason to distrust them.  And the info I give them I dont give a flying flip about anyways.  At most they now know my latest order from newegg and that one of my friends is back in town.  Otherwise...
Gmail is a far superior service imho

Yahoo gives better results than Live search, why do you think Microsoft tried so hard to buy Yahoo?  Their search sucks, and they dont have the market share because of it.  Bing is their latest attempt, they tried a 'cool' name I guess.

Why the hate on IE?  7 and 8 are large improvements over the stagnant, website breaking mess that was 6
Personally I wouldn't use it, but its quite a bit better now.

Pidgin is a nice, simple, lightweight IM app that combines just about all the protocols into one program.  MSN, AIM, YIM, gTalk, etc.

But yeah.

Firetooth

Holby I asked the guy to post the image so don't tell him off.

And Windy yeah IE8 is an improvement but firefox 3.5 is still drastically faster. I think google do some slightly shady stuff but I've never had any problems using them and think some people are just trying to find a reason to dislike them.

Shadow

K, you guys go discuss browsers somewhere else lol. Let's keep this one on topic.

Modding

Daryn

so zep is bob and he is going to get a new alias to kill people again?
Pies.

Shadow