Just so you know...

Started by Night Wolf, September 06, 2009, 01:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

Hate to say i'm on volkovs side in this thing, but "cheap" is lurking online and stealing an indys troop money at the start of his run.

Bailing the game - for whatever reason - is something entirely different.

Not suggesting its worth the bawwwwww on the forums, but its not exactly kosher with most people here I would imagine.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Night Wolf

The Obliterator

So hounds that was three days was it not.
You gonna go off at him now  :P
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

windhound

Quote from: Night Wolf on September 06, 2009, 11:28:25 AM
Sorry but im going camping later on this evening so im leaving both game and forums :(
Ill be back in 2 weeks or so depending on the weather. adiós

Must have had bad weather
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Night Wolf

Quote from: The Obliterator on September 11, 2009, 08:44:48 PM
So hounds that was three days was it not.
You gonna go off at him now  :P
4 days actually
Quote from: windhound on September 11, 2009, 09:32:49 PM
Quote from: Night Wolf on September 06, 2009, 11:28:25 AM
Sorry but im going camping later on this evening so im leaving both game and forums :(
Ill be back in 2 weeks or so depending on the weather. adiós

Must have had bad weather
Indeed 40 degrees tends not to be very good camping weather  :D

Gen. Volkov

QuoteSo hounds that was three days was it not.
You gonna go off at him now

Four days, but whatever, yes, I am quite annoyed. I bought your little story about going camping. 40 degrees? Whatever, that was the average temp whenever I went camping. I can't be sure of course, but it certainly seems like you decided to abuse the vacation function, since right before vaca, you were getting owned with murders. So what it seems like to me is that you decided to try and protect land and net by going on vaca for awhile. I could be wrong of course, but the timing is very suspicious.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Night Wolf

Yeah i know its kinda suspicious and I appologise for that. And before you start complaining  know that I dont care what you think.
That is all

Gen. Volkov

QuoteYeah i know its kinda suspicious and I appologise for that. And before you start complaining  know that I dont care what you think.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean it doesn't matter. If enough people think you abused the code, you could get punished for it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

going into vacation to protect networth is perfectly understandable

when you have heaps of troops and you try to sell them on the public market they can sit there for sale while your in vacation.

this also gives the empire time for working out a plan to run turns effectively, perhaps even make new alliances

the next thing is, perhaps he was stuck and couldn't move turns
why have a big empire that's vulnerable to takedowns that has no intentions on retaliating or even running turnsbecause he's reached his peak networth.

maybe he wants to show it off for a little bit before he's crushed and most people miss seeing what they've made.

who saw the networth coming?
not many
how fast was there people onto taking it down? real quick,

last resort is to vacate and plan a recovery
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Holby

Quote from: Sevz on September 12, 2009, 04:03:51 AM

how fast was there people onto taking it down? real quick,
Night Wolf sat up there for an entire 4 days, actually, before anyone touched him, which is pretty amazing. And it was a spur of the moment "I may as well" when I suicided/murdered.

If there were plans from other parties to move on the land lock, and take him out, they certainly didn't eventuate.
I will not deleted this

Sevz

you did very well Holby

Volkov thinks it's cheating to use vacation,
Redwall has a design that makes it POINTLESS to bank networth since they believe FAILED leader attacks are acceptable and part of a regularly useable strategy

any spiteful little turd can ruin 5 honest peoples fun and accomplishments,
after that, the team holds a grudge towards the networth holder, even if they do everything perfect. (sometimes nothings said)

Failed leader attacks suicides....
IF it's fair game to ruin someones networth, (cost effectively) while they can't defend themselves without unlimited turns, it should be perfectly understandable that they do the last resort to protect everyones hard work

indy and team work to break isn't exactly hard, it involves about 10% of the effort  to break 1 line than it takes to defend all 5

Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Holby

Quote from: Sevz on September 12, 2009, 04:57:07 AM
you did very well Holby

Volkov thinks it's cheating to use vacation,
Redwall has a design that makes it POINTLESS to bank networth since they believe FAILED leader attacks are acceptable and part of a regularly useable strategy

any spiteful little turd can ruin 5 honest peoples fun and accomplishments,
after that, the team holds a grudge towards the networth holder, even if they do everything perfect. (sometimes nothings said)

Failed leader attacks suicides....
IF it's fair game to ruin someones networth, (cost effectively) while they can't defend themselves without unlimited turns, it should be perfectly understandable that they do the last resort to protect everyones hard work

indy and team work to break isn't exactly hard, it involves about 10% of the effort  to break 1 line than it takes to defend all 5

I didn't mean it to sound boastful. I agree that it's something that NEEDS to be changed, as the ease at which it can be done is ridiculous. I just wanted to make the point that no-one had really bothered.

Leader suicides really need to be dealt with. But if somebody does hold, and for a long time, it really demonstrates the ability and the tenacity of the team involved.

BTW, I have never been involved in a team where the holder got ruined, and the team was annoyed at the holder for losing the Net. Unless it was the holder's mistake that caused the destruction (like leaving shields down), it's an accepted part of the job. There is a lot of pride in pulling something like this off, and rather than getting any kind of personal gain, any kind of general success is applauded.

I will not deleted this

Sevz

for example

it costs to break for land with troops

an indy can gather land, say 100k, get 30k leader towers straight away for some loyalty, keep gathering land and build indy towers til they've got what they want,

then they can demolish some towers and fail leader attacks,
the person with 20million leaders (heaps strong) and an outstanding ratio loses a percentage of leaders that ISN'T related to the amount they were attacked with.

saying this, an empire with 500 leaders and the rest indy towers can attack and lose like 50 individual leaders and kill over 200k while it doesn't cost anything more than turns that they're still making maximum profit

really fun to get a big empire and have 15million leaders killed against the 50thousand that attack ya, then have someone else send murders in and kill all 4 lines of your networth and take land

this game is designed for nasty people

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you have honor Holby, i can't say a bad word about you

Shadow

He was -actually- gone for three days, so there really is no problem with his vacation there. It was short, but it was real. That's the keyword. No need to get mad at him, although maybe next time you emp you should try not to do it before you go camping ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ungatt Trunn II

People, trust me. Night Wolf wouldn't lie about something like that.

He just isn't smart enough.  :P
DIE HIPPIE DIE