Turbo round dynamics discussion

Started by Juska, September 30, 2009, 08:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Why would anyone indy this round?

Huge boost to tower defenses and troop defenses.

Indy = easy land for leader grabs.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

Any lizard with towers up and 30% land built in huts would be unbreakable. It's not hard to defend against leaders. At the very least you would have you waste yourself with suicides and murders before you got in. You might be able to use attack for the first bit... but after you take a bit of their land they're locked up tight.

Juska

0.8 hours ago     Your Leaders were defeated by Division (#7) and you lost 306 Acres of Land!     You lost 24377 Leaders, but you managed to kill 36814 of your attacker's Leaders.  X 15

70% percent of my land built as leaders.

Your theory would work except for the fact leader attacks kill the defenders leaders.

Time to Revolt to Stoat.
Current Empires:

Firetooth

Peace I nearly signed up yesterday but I know I'll lose interest after like 3-4runs :P
I want to try a lizard some time. Just can't be bothered now.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Daryn

hmmm

lizard sounds like fun

i try

and isn't Sevz high risk? he was the only one talking about being Lizard a few weeks ago...
Pies.

Genevieve

Quote from: Daryn on October 05, 2009, 08:27:01 PM
and isn't Sevz high risk? he was the only one talking about being Lizard a few weeks ago...

Redwall: Warlords > Discussion > Turbo Discussion > Post reply ( Re: New here names Shadowforce )

Juska

Daryn is a spammer, what else is there to say?

And playing Indy in this code is stupid, but I needed to do it in order to break the blockage.
Current Empires:

Sevz

only because i let you Juska

shadow had no resources, curios to see what he does next run if he can't get land easy
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Meh, after being onlined three runs in a row I still managed to break, and that wasn't because anyone let me. Only reason you broke in the first place was because you onlined. I doubt I'll be able to keep it up much longer though - midterm weeks are coming. Also, this topic is going to get split since we are no longer on this topic.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Juska on September 30, 2009, 08:09:43 PM
Why would anyone indy this round?

Huge boost to tower defenses and troop defenses.

Indy = easy land for leader grabs.

Ok, answer me this. When arent land grabs from indys easy for leaders? They always are, so whats the difference? Even with a big defense bonus a good indy can still break any leader player.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Juska

The Point Alazar is this:

Because of the Huge Boost to Troop Defenses and the lack of a boost to Leader Defenses it is now much easier for a leader player to go unbreakable in comparison to before and at the same time it is no easier for an Indy to go unbroken because leaders hardly ever hit them with troop attacks anyway.

Yes, a good indy can break any leader player, as I did early in the set by breaking Division.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Quotebecause leaders hardly ever hit them with troop attacks anyway.

Untrue. A leader player will ALWAYS hit with troops if the option is there. Hitting with leaders has a very negative impact on a run, especially if the leaderer is not a stoat.

It is much easier for an indier to go unbroken because they can use more towers without impacting their leaders, and towers can make a big difference in leader defense if the defender has more land than the attacker. It's the nature of leader attack math.

You only broke me at the start because Sevah had onlined me the run before ^_^ Without that land freed, you wouldn't have been able to make those troops. Not that you didn't do well to do it, but just saying.

Juska

Sorry, when I said a leader will not hit an indy with troops what I meant is that a leader will not put effort into breaking a well-rounded defense if they can just leader attack.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda. Didn't.

Current Empires:

Shadow

Still not really true. I would rather spend 20b on troops to break an indy than sacrafice a ratio, espcially toward the end of a roun when leader players have resources to defend. You'll see lots of leader attacks toward the start of a round when they don't have the cash to do anything else, not so much near the end though.

Juska

So at the end of the round after leader players have Looted or Goldmined 500+ billion cash on land that they got from indies through leader attacks they spare some to actually break indies and that serves to prove your point.
Current Empires: