Turbo Round 29 Immortalization

Started by The Lady Shael, November 28, 2009, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Hey Checker, you ran your mouth about me, i sacked you heavy with 6days to go forcing you to buy up early. You can't move turns for profit. I threw a few little leader strikes towards your spare hitlimit, you said nothing until the end of round.

2. Carouselambra (#16)
$1,223,970,393 with 28,299 Acres  <---Firegoose

3. In the Name of the Law (#34)
$967,342,257 with 18,646 Acres <----Checker

Enjoy the Big Talker Award Checker mate
As for Nobles, they finished bad like we wanted
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Briar

Quote from: Firetooth on November 29, 2009, 03:13:43 AM

You were the master, eh?

Yea...I've never been taken for so many other people in one round though...anyone from Bob to Juska to Snare
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Shadow

Snare told me you were Shade - I think he wanted me to start a war with RSL as well.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on November 29, 2009, 11:19:03 AM
Quote from: Firetooth on November 29, 2009, 03:13:43 AM

You were the master, eh?

Yea...I've never been taken for so many other people in one round though...anyone from Bob to Juska to Snare
Haha. I actually thought you were The Master, but I wasn't sure after you were mean to me via mail :'(
The master does sound like a title shade would use...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

sorry, rough couple of weeks and i needed an outlet. No hard feelings i hope
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Sharptooh on November 29, 2009, 08:13:41 AM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on November 29, 2009, 08:08:02 AM
Second place this round might've been mine if I hadn't mistimed my move to the top.  Live and learn, though.  I must say, though, Sevz, I was surprised at how quickly you abandoned your suicide attacks on me.  Like I said, I was expecting more from you.

How very modest of you Checkerpaw, I also noticed that you seem to have conveniently ignored Firetooth's post.

I decided to stop wasting my time responding to all of Firetooth's posts.  I have nothing to be ashamed of, though.  Third place is a decent spot.

QuoteHey Checker, you ran your mouth about me, i sacked you heavy with 6days to go forcing you to buy up early. You can't move turns for profit. I threw a few little leader strikes towards your spare hitlimit, you said nothing until the end of round.

You didn't force me to buy up early at all.  I said nothing because I kept waiting for you to actually follow through on your apparently empty threats.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

Third place is nothing to be ashamed of, unless you mouthed somebody off all over the forums, and even in pms to them, how much better you were then them (directly or indirectly), only to get beaten by 300mil net+ by them. You seemed awfully smug back then.
Seems to me you're just embarrassed you got showed up and are pretending it never happened. Oh well. Works fine for me.
Quote from: Briar on November 29, 2009, 12:34:29 PM
sorry, rough couple of weeks and i needed an outlet. No hard feelings i hope
None, it was quite funny.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on November 29, 2009, 12:49:15 PM
Third place is nothing to be ashamed of, unless you mouthed somebody off all over the forums, and even in pms to them, how much better you were then them (directly or indirectly), only to get beaten by 300mil net+ by them. You seemed awfully smug back then.
Seems to me you're just embarrassed you got showed up and are pretending it never happened. Oh well. Works fine for me.

I happen to have finished above you in at least one and possibly two of the last three turbo rounds I've played, actually.  (Don't know who you were in Round 27).  Regardless, the point is not how much better I am than you.  That's what you're always trying to make the issue about, but that wasn't and isn't the issue.

Incidentally, when I finished above you in Round 25, you had this to say:

Quote from: Firetooth on July 29, 2009, 01:38:25 AM
Lmao, you know I was blank, that one that stole 150bil from you at the start? :P I messed up later on though, but I was trying to stop sevz from getting your money anyways.
Besides, I would've had 1bil net but I sent my troops to be held for me so I could make more and they were standarded. Why do you think I was at 733mil at one stage and onl 500mil at the end? Oh, and I missed about a week of the round in total too.

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=10074.0 

Oh look who's in THIRD, and what is higher, FOURTH or THIRD. Also, were you ever first in this round...lemme see. No. Blank was in first for a while, mostly just on food at one point.

Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

You guys are silly. You both finish around the same place in scores each round, so I'd say you are pretty evenly matched. I bet that if Checker could stop correcting everyone's grammar you two would get along just fine.

Pippin

Quote from: Checkerpaw on November 29, 2009, 08:08:02 AM
Quote from: Sevz on November 28, 2009, 10:16:46 PM
I was targeting Nobles minus Volkov or Nightwolf, no placing in the top ten shows that diplomatically great players like Peace Alliance, Shadow, Hounds of Ulster and Genevieve aren't able to thrive under pressure, nothing against the abilities. It's a matter of who's after ya, when there's veterans taking you guys down, not alot people can do.

Good grief.  You flat out have no idea what you're talking about.  Peace, Shadow and Volkov could place in the top ten in their sleep, if they really wanted to.

Second place this round might've been mine if I hadn't mistimed my move to the top.  Live and learn, though.  I must say, though, Sevz, I was surprised at how quickly you abandoned your suicide attacks on me.  Like I said, I was expecting more from you.

Peace shadow and volkov could finish top 10 in their sleep? Then why don't they, because it's all talk and no action :P
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

We were pretty disorganized. The only times we ran together was if we happened to be on msn at the same time. My heart just isn't in this game when some tool is after me for no reason.

Gen. Volkov

QuotePeace shadow and volkov could finish top 10 in their sleep? Then why don't they, because it's all talk and no action

LOL. You're funny Pip. All you have to do is check the immorts to see that I finish in the top ten or top five on fairly regular basis, as do Shadow and Peace.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Quotebecause it's all talk and no action

With all the bravado I've witnessed while skimming this topic, I find it funny that I'm accused of being "all talk".

Alazar is Back

To Firegoose and Checker: Seems to me that you guys are pretty much even, the only thing i noticed is that I am pretty sure Checker was solo the whole time and goosey had some help. Idk for sure though.

Nice job to all on my team, we accomplished my goal of tearing up some empires and still managed 2 of the top 4 and 3 of the top 10. Had I not been killed and sacked so much at the end I think that Oblit, Cody, and I would have pulled far away from the game, and even noble. Noble did good, but not good enough.

For the record we only had 1 time where we really ran together as a whole team, oblit and I did one other time. Other than that nothing.

Sevz and Nova are nothing short of two amazing players. I am very glad to have them on my side. You guys were a huge help and we pulled it off in the end.(by a very large amount.)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Pippin

I wasn't bashing you guys, just I find it funny that Checkerpaw is your new spokesmen and defends you now.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres