Ego's and talk

Started by Firetooth, November 30, 2009, 10:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

Quote from: Alazar is Back on December 02, 2009, 12:26:41 AM
Really you can laugh if you like. I pretty sure Noble wasnt laughing much last set when they saw their large lead slipping away from them. The facts to all of this are that my team won the set, and did so in stunning fashion by destroying much of the opposition.

I laughed my butt off when Sevz killed me and a good chunk of Noble's net.  The net wasn't really even a loss, as it neutralized Sevz's.  I think we even came out ahead, if you compare the amount of net destroyed. 

Anyways, if you looked at marketed net, I'm not sure Noble ever had a  lead, much less a large one.  Our net was out in the open, yours was away on the market.  Btw, dont expect to do that again after this current round.  That's not what the market is meant for, and while not code abuse, its something that needs to be fixed.
"Destroying the opposition" is also a bit much imho.  Atleast in Noble's case, the whole clan got real apathetic towards the end.  If you want to view it as "we kicked their butts so bad they all ran away" go ahead, but if the clan had been motivated enough we could have mopped the floor with you at the end.  All that marketed net, the markettheft potential makes me sad we didnt. 
Still.  We didnt, and yall won.  Congrats.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Windy... I wouldn't even contribute to this. You have nothing to prove. Everyone who plays this game knows you are one of the best. Let Ally make his boasts, we all know who really made "his" clan the success that it was. As for Noble, you're probably right, but as you also said, it doesn't matter.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death

For someone who doesn't care what we think you sure do talk a lot, Al.

The Obliterator

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 02, 2009, 01:18:56 AM
Windy... I wouldn't even contribute to this. You have nothing to prove. Everyone who plays this game knows you are one of the best. Let Ally make his boasts, we all know who really made "his" clan the success that it was. As for Noble, you're probably right, but as you also said, it doesn't matter.

Who?
There Was only me ally and snare.
It was his clan.
We basicly did our own thing untill the end and ally was the one who organised almost all the takdowns i helped with.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

If it was just you, ally, and snare, then you guys took 9th and 15th in the immort. So if you claim any kind of win, you also acknowledge Sevs as your clan member, since it was him that did most of the damage in thie first place. And even then, Nova won without any help from your clan. Lol.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

This thread has already proved the problem plauging our forums, as below quotes shows:

Quote from: Death on December 02, 2009, 01:26:49 AM
For someone who doesn't care what we think you sure do talk a lot, Al.

<Most people opinions
Quote from: Alazar is Back on December 02, 2009, 12:26:41 AM

Really you can laugh if you like. I pretty sure Noble wasnt laughing much last set when they saw their large lead slipping away from them. The facts to all of this are that my team won the set, and did so in stunning fashion by destroying much of the opposition.
<Ego uber post

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on December 02, 2009, 06:24:55 AM
If it was just you, ally, and snare, then you guys took 9th and 15th in the immort. So if you claim any kind of win, you also acknowledge Sevs as your clan member, since it was him that did most of the damage in thie first place. And even then, Nova won without any help from your clan. Lol.

Nova did win with our help. He may have made it with out but alot of that was ours. Sevz did his own thing almost the entire set until maybe the last week.

Windy is a good player, very good. I have worked with him a few times in the past.

You could have tried to market theft Nova who was unclanned the entire time, but with the leader defense he put up it would have been really hard.

Death and Firetooth: You are right in a way. I should have put it a different way...I don't care if you guys think im bragging and making "false" threats. I do get annoyed when people down play my teams ability though. And I will defend them and myself to the end no matter what any of you say.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Death

But why do you think it needs to be said on the forum? I would guess that the majority of the people here are sailing the "I DON'T CARE" ship to sea right with you.

Sevz

I laughed my butt off when Sevz killed me and a good chunk of Noble's net.  The net wasn't really even a loss, as it neutralized Sevz's.  I think we even came out ahead, if you compare the amount of net destroyed.

hahahahha
i laughed my butt off too, the way i saw it. Nobles wanted to take me down when i vacated, held a grudge and talked trash til i came back, i returned from vacation with $3.5b net, i sold down to $2bil net, aided some, standard attacked Nobles top 2 empires to nothing, you died, shadow had $38m net from +$500m, spared a few turns to poison the indies, cloaked and bought troops.
10minutes later people started logging in
overall, it's not easy to say who's gonna win, it comes down to team force and initiative. Solo players get beaten by 2 players, 1 producer plus 1 attacker beats any soloist. No ego from me, i'm nasty and i like it back
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Death on December 03, 2009, 12:31:02 AM
But why do you think it needs to be said on the forum? I would guess that the majority of the people here are sailing the "I DON'T CARE" ship to sea right with you.

Because I can say it on the forum.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on December 03, 2009, 11:00:50 AM
Quote from: Death on December 03, 2009, 12:31:02 AM

Because I can say it on the forum.
Not good enough. Like the guy who climbed mount everest because "it was there."
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

I think the real point of this discussion is that I'm better than all of you.

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on December 03, 2009, 03:06:00 PM
I think the real point of this discussion is that I'm better than all of you.
darn straight.

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Juska

Why did you delete your turbo empire?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19