War Tactics

Started by Sevz, June 02, 2010, 10:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

In order to be successful you need to be better at defense than offense. This is a scale depending on race and strategy choice.
Leader vs Indy have different angles to fight from. Indy vs indy or leader vs leader etc

Redwall leadering is pretty much the only safe bet. Open attack ops means 1 annoyed player can spare 400turns offensively no probs.

Safety with leaders requires maximum land+leaders with race modifier and no a clan war.
Dropping land is a bad move because 21 failed leader attacks, enemy scrapes land to rebuild leaders and open attack ops against lesser land and ratio. Bye bye food supply.
Depending who your main enemies are, it's not a good idea to mass rats against a solid indier for example. Bye bye rats, here comes 3 standard attacks.
Massing cash and food for sacks gets old, i'd prefer to have a bank of loyalty that doesn't get attacked, when it's a good time to grab ahold of all the land, spend the cash on defense to start Emping.

Lots more but i gotta bail atm, someone add good info
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Sevz

Double post, delete or allow it bothers me not.

Fighting against a leaderer. Look at it's weaknesses. Wolf sucks at building. Hit em low (5k), takes an average 100 turns for them to re-build. More if the land is spread. Next weakness with wolf is it's expensive attack force. Hold some defense, they've gotta have a stab if they can't espy. With the high upkeep and rip off mercs, Wolves prefer weak targets.

All theories depend on opponent but notice some people stack heaps of food on the market at 25? best way to remove the food is having 3x their leader count/ratio. Lock the land against them and spend a chunk of cash buying the food and stealing the cash back to buy more of the food, Keep an eye on the sacks, when they've got some cash of their own it's the best time to strike. Plan your own defense before the embezzlement. Many extra tricks involved, Key ingredients: successful open attack ops and less purchases ($$$). Some days you can trade 1runs work for 25 days of someone elses work. (more if it's a team supply)
Other weakness is when they buy out troops, No leaderer can easily defend themselves with rats (line 1 offense) +50k x 300 x2 +80% +40% is the indy formula to break a massive player. Tonk them to hitlimit as much as possible. This will slow down the mercs rate enough to force another run if they've got half the cash left. Or you could do a shadow. I don't really like the idea but failing lots of leader attacks to kill magic defense. They're dreaming if they think they can have land+troops with no leaders. Any random player will continue the punishment.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.