Non-Leader Strats

Started by Coral, December 05, 2010, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coral

You're right, I guess we do need some specifics.

I'm not really sure about the number of markets to tents I use, I just kinda go by feel. But what I try to do is bring in as many workers as possible in 5 turns by lowering my tax rate to 5%. Using more than 5 turns isn't very efficient. Then I change the rate to 60% and loot for 50 turns. I tried a few different tax rates and over the 50 turn period 60% seemed to bring in the most cash without losing too many workers to regain over a 5 turn period. And then its kinda rinse and repeat, nothing too complex.

I can't quite figure out how income is calculated based on tax, workers, and per cap income so I'm not sure where the changes should be made exactly. Despite this it does seem that increasing workers per tent would be a reasonable way to begin balancing. I did some quick division and found that only around 80 workers lived in each tent, even at a 5% tax rate. When compared to max leaders per hut this seems very small. I'm sure that with a few more turns dedicated to bringing in workers that number would increase slightly though.

Or instead of increasing workers per tent, the number of workers that leave when upset about high taxes could be lowered. This, I believe, would help with making cash throughout the, in the case above, 50 turn loot. But this depends on when workers actually leave. If there is a mass exodus on the first turn and then much smaller numbers leave with every subsequent turn it may make only a small, yet positive change. If the number of workers who leave is fairly evenly distributed per turn then it could be more helpful.

I'll be experimenting this round and see what conclusions I can come to. It may be faster and more accurate for someone who really knows the game to chime in with answers pertaining to these areas.
Figure Apes are running about.
New here.

Shadow

Workers leave a bit at a time. You can see the details of each turn used by unchecking the "condense output" option when you loot - if you do this, it will give you a report for every turn you use individually.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Best Cashing setup: (Mind it what's the point here because both leader and indy is at least 5x more powerful, but w/e)

30% Tents 70% Markets

Cash @ 40% for 20 turns, then 5% for 5 turns, repeat.

Make sure you only cash when @ 100% health.

I've done the math, this is the best possible setup (70% tents 30% markets give you similar returns, but when attacking the markets end up winning because they generate cash that isn't hit by the health penalty).

In order to "protect" yourself from leaders you need to play like an indy. You need to attack, cash, build camps, buy troops, then next run sell troops, attacks, cash, etc.

If you try to cash while holding troops you basically screw yourself, so you need a race with a decent resell potential (especially since reselling is not viable here because of the merc code) and good buy prices, but since no one will ever fix the merc anomaly there really isn't a point.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19