Rest in peace, Brian Jacques <3

Started by The Lady Shael, February 07, 2011, 12:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Wolf

:(
This is very depressing...Ive been reading his books since I was a wee lad, some of his characters even inspired my first Figure Drawings
He will me missed  by a great many  :'(

Peace Alliance

I've never read the books. But I did at one point research Brian's life. What an amazing life it was!

The Lady Shael

Terrouge (a prominent Redwall e-zine, once the central hub of Redwall Online Community) is doing one last issue in honor of Brian Jacques. Do you guys want to put something together on behalf of RWL?

http://www.terrouge.com
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Pippin

i think its a good idea to put something together, it's a real shame he passed away and that only 1 more book will be released.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Krowdon

Quote from: The Lady Shael on February 08, 2011, 10:37:56 AM
Terrouge (a prominent Redwall e-zine, once the central hub of Redwall Online Community) is doing one last issue in honor of Brian Jacques. Do you guys want to put something together on behalf of RWL?

I think that would be great. Make a topic for it maybe? about what we are going to put?
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

The Lady Shael

Well, it's a literary magazine so the only things we can submit are articles, fanfiction, or artwork. We can either write about how Redwall brought us together as a community (even though almost half our members have never read the books), or write a fanfiction staged in the RWL universe.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Krowdon

How about the Fanfiction, But a breif intro paragraph about us and the community thing?
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Pippin

a fanfiction as in a mini story type thing? we could include all our members names ect. it would be pretty cool.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Krowdon

Quote from: Pippin on February 08, 2011, 02:45:00 PM
a fanfiction as in a mini story type thing? we could include all our members names ect. it would be pretty cool.

That would be cool Pip. But it shouldnt be too violent. no ripping off heads.

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: The Lady Shael on February 08, 2011, 10:37:56 AM

We could use this very much in respect to Brian. And being a little selfish as a promotion and get our name out a little more. But it will all be for brian and his redwall series

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Redwall was an important part of my childhood. Even though now I'm all big and grown up, and no longer have much of an interest in the series, I'd kind of expected Jacques would be writing for years to come.

Even so, I don't think this signals the end of the Redwall universe.  In the same way books like The Hobbit and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe still capture the minds and imaginations of kids generations on.

RIP Brian Jacques.

I will not deleted this

Uiblis

...I'm so depressed.
Now the only thing I can do is wait for "The Rogue Crew" to come out...
RIP Brian Jacques.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Mr.Grimm

I know this post is a late, but I didn't hear about his death until I went on here today. Thank Brian for all the memories of reading your books and making a new world for me to explore when I was young. I spent many a happy days when I was younger daydreaming that I was part of that world. So thanks Brian. Thanks a lot. :'(

Menatus