Polling Forum

Started by Shadow, February 24, 2011, 12:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we have a forum dedicated to polling?

Yes
11 (61.1%)
No
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Shadow

Since we can run polls in any forum, why do we have a dedicated one? It doesn't have a subject associated with it, and most of the polls are spa-fodder. Also, with the addition of a dev forum, the list is getting rather long. I propose we get rid if this one.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

I agree. The Polling forum was created YEARS ago to separate some spam from GD and the other forums, but everyone's been pretty good about keeping that all to the Spa Room. I feel silly sometimes making serious polls in this forum.

Did some research and we've been pushing for this for years and just never got around to it.

Clans and Strategy are also lagging behind the other forums...Strategy we can probably move as a subforum to Help, not sure what to do about Clans.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

I think Strategy is important to keep as a main board. New players should be able to jump to it immediately as soon as they see the forum.

The Help sub boards really get on my nerves.
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

Hmmm, we're almost evenly split on this issue, but I still feel really strongly about disbanding this forum.

Anyone who voted to keep the forum wanna share their thoughts? 
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

I guess I want to keep it more out of tradition than anything else. It also seems useful to have a place where you can put a poll and you know it will be noticed.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Uiblis

I agree with Volkov. When I'm wandering around the forums because I'm bored or something I always end up going to Polls and seeing other peoples' opinions.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

wolf bite

I think people feel more free to make a poll about basically useless stuff when not trying to match the forum they are in. Votes keep it.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Blood Wake

I'm not into forums, this is the only one I have ever been a part of, and since I don't care to spend time reading stuff on forums I check them very little, but the polling forum is one that I have checked often in the past along with general discussion, it may be my most used. I'm not sure why... the randomness yet seriousness?
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h