A Level System

Started by Yellow Eyes, March 06, 2011, 04:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

At the very least, purely cosmetic titles definitely wouldn't hurt.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kyrolin Zenyar

One major problem with the permanent titles:  You'd probably have to reset the game to be fair.  And that wouldn't be fair. :P
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Shadow

That's why I suggest competitive titles - only one player could have each title at a time. Ie, most successful defenses, most successful offenses, high land gain / land loss ratio, highest land gained per attack ratio, lowest land lost per defense ratio, etc.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kyrolin Zenyar

That would still be kind of unfair to the newbs...

The Lady Shael

Technically, by that argument, any game is unfair to newbies. There will be a learning curve to anything. It doesn't matter how you change the game, people who have played this game for 8 years will ALWAYS have an advantage over newcomers.

This gives newbies an incentive to prove themselves and learn the game, and show off their achievements at the same time.

Plus most oldbies probably have been here long enough to not want to put forth the effort to get the titles, they can still own the game without that advantage. For example, I think there is a 99% guarantee that the player with the highest defense ratio is a newbie.

[edit] But I still think it'd be nice to be able to "collect" all the titles, even if you can only have one advantage active at a time.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Kyrolin Zenyar

Ah.  How about Competitive strategic titles and permanent Cosmetic titles?

Shadow

Now that idea I like.

Feel free to put forward ideas for titles, along with their conditions and rewards. Bear in mind that nothing should have more than perhaps a 5% effect to stats an the like, except in a few areas like offense, defense, scouting, and other "secondary" stats, where you might be able to get away with 10%.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kyrolin Zenyar

Fighter : Cosmetic, 100 attacks
Attacker: Cosmetic, 500 attacks
Won't let others live in peace: Cosmetic, 2000 attacks

Defender: 100 defenses
Fight Back!: 500 defenses
No luck, eh?: 2000 defenses

Horrible Fighter: 100% failed attacks
Weakling: 100% Failed defenses

Strongman: 100% Victorious attacks
Can't Touch This: 100% Victorious defenses

More upcoming...

Juska

I think titles should all be Redwall themed.

Or somehow book based. Would be a good way to invite the books back in.

Although, I haven't read a book in 5 years and am having a hard time thinking of appropriate titles.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Juska on March 28, 2011, 04:05:43 PM
I think titles should all be Redwall themed.

Or somehow book based. Would be a good way to invite the books back in.

Couldn't agree more.

Neobaron

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 28, 2011, 02:08:34 PM
Plus most oldbies probably have been here long enough to not want to put forth the effort to get the titles, they can still own the game without that advantage. For example, I think there is a 99% guarantee that the player with the highest defense ratio is a newbie.

Assuming you make the objectives an out of the way adventure...

If it's just a speedbump you're not going to notice it, and it will have no real value.

If it's earned - and by earned I mean more than the usual amount of effort exerted to acquire - then it's different and you might have cheevie fanatics like you do in MMOs and consoles.

And cheevie fanatics can't, unless outside forces intervene or they achieve all goals, quit the game. Ever. :)

[edit: just trying to keep this to a PG-rating. ~Shael]
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Juska

The Taggerung: +5% Atk and +5% Def

Requirement: Be the player with highest successful attack and defense %'s

The Scourge: +2% Atk

Requirement: Be the player with the most attacks

Master of The Thousand Eyes: +5% Training, -5% Costs

Requirement: Have the largest army in the game (networth based)

Happy Pony Raiser: +5% Feast Output, +5% Foraging, -5% Food

Requirement: Have the most food

What I've come up with for now - going to comb the Redwall Wiki for others.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Kyrolin Zenyar

Yellow Eyes

Well I'm glad this is getting a lot of attention now. But what about taking it along the lines of the Call of Duty Series....with global accounts. You rack up all sorts of titles and bonus's, the games reset as usual, and when you sign up, all your bonus' are added, and you can continue to build up other ones, etc. But just like COD, there is a "prestige" level where you basically reset back to 0, but you get a distinguishing "1st prestige" medal. So the game would might be tough at first, like every game is, but as you build up your bonus's, and there could be a manual reset option when they want to try to fight there way through it, or once they reach a certain bonus level it resets everything back to 0.

It would be like added a second game, that for those who don't want to become emperor, and go through that struggle, they can just gain levels.

Kyrolin Zenyar

Hmm.  It could be cool to have ranks, too.  Like COD has Private, PFC, etc.  RWL could do something similar.