Turbo Round 45 Admin Awards

Started by The Lady Shael, April 29, 2011, 01:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I've been watching the game closely for the whole round, taking into account storehouse participation, clan participation, and relationships with other players through the in-game message system. I have also taken into account many peer nominations, including the Turbo awards topic, but I found that the average results were mostly in line from what I have observed.

Note: only players who finished the round were considered for this award. Staff members were also exempt.

Please also remember these awards are based off of these definitions.

Outstanding Newbie - Insert Clever Name Here (#44) (forum name: Pac-Man)

Pac-Man is relatively new to the game, but showed the true spirit of a newbie by showing desire to learn and excel in the game, in addition to helping out clan members and contributing to the storehouse. Just for fun, he also acted as "RWL Reporter" in the Turbo lounge, summing up current events in the game.

Runner-up - Razgriz (#24)

Razgriz was pretty quiet for most of the round, but still proved his skill by netting more than any other newbie to the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emerging Veteran - Vargarth (#25)

Vargarth has been at RWL for less than two years, but is well on his way to achieving veteran status. He was voted clan leader of Marlfox by his fellow players, and contributed 20% of his clan storehouse (a whopping $6.2 billion networth). He also took the time (with Sharptooth and TS) to compile and post strategies for the benefit of the new members. He did well in directing his clan in what to do, and he never hesitates to ask his senior peers for advice.

Runner-up - dot (#32) (forum name: Uiblis)

See Admin's Award.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legendary Veteran - Sharptooth (#30)

Sharptooth was the only veteran player in the Marlfox clan. Even with the odds stacked against them, he helped out by posting game strategies on the forums for new players and giving advice to the two "junior" RWLers, Vargarth and TS. At the end of the round, he assumed the leader position and came up with a detailed distribution plan that he sent out to all the members, and continued to send out constant instructions on what to do all the way up till the end of the round (totally not kidding about "constant instructions" btw...I think 70% of the messages he sent were in the past three days).

Runner-up - The Hounds of Ulster (#18) (forum name: Gen Volkov)

Somehow managed to keep a clan of disagreeing veterans on track to a landslide victory. Always tried to be fair and made sure to get opinions from fellow clan members first before making decisions.

Best Team Player - Agarnu of Riftgard (#17) (forum name: Twilight Shadow)

Throughout the whole round, TS never gave up on Marlfox. Even at Marlfox's darkest hour, when everyone assumed it would be left in the dust, TS reassured his clan members everything would be fine and that they would catch up eventually. And he was right, by the time of the distribution, Marlfox had the highest clan storehouse networth. He also went out of his way to make sure that no one got left behind, by messaging the inactive players and asking if they needed help, and encouraging to be active on the clan forum and RWL forums.

(Shael's sidenote: Some of you might be skeptical why TS was chosen for this, especially considering that he was gagged for his rude actions on the forum. But he was actually very civil in-game and really was a great team player)

Runner-up - Sharptooth (#30)

See Legendary Veteran.

Best Netter/Contributor - Jona Vark (#9) (forum name: Genevieve)

$6,359,397,480 networth, and 20.7% of her clan storehouse. What else is there to say? =p Also keep in mind she was killed during the round and had to make a comeback.

Runner-up - Vargarth (#25)

$6,278,703,040 networth, and 20.5% of his clan storehouse.

Admin's Award - dot (#32) (forum name: Uiblis)

After Shadow left the game, things did not look good for Flitchaye. It turned out the leader appointed went into vacation and the clan was leaderless. Uiblis was appointed leader due to being the most senior/active player in the clan. Even though the situation looked hopeless, he still went ahead and tried to make the best of the situation that he was handed.

Runner-up - Etendue (#46)

A RWL player from the old days, recently come back. Deserves recognition for his clan spirit and investment in a Rapscallion win.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Cool, I like the presentation and, from what I saw, agree with the choices. Congrats.

When I start playing again I look foward to getting some of these. (trying not to sound egotistiacal here, but I'm failing :-[ )
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kyrolin Zenyar

Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Sharptooh

Quote from: The Lady Shael on April 29, 2011, 01:41:23 PM
he assumed the leader position and came up with a detailed distribution plan that he sent out to all the members

Ah I remember that . . . I think I spent about 30-45 minutes writing that  :D (it ended up being pretty long)

I'm also glad Pac-man got best New player, he did exceptionally well this round considering it's on the first few he's played (obviously his first storehouse round)

I'm also again glad that the behaviour of TS on the forums didn't stop him from getting the reward, I think he deserves it, I remember there was one clan forum post where i was like "We'll never catch up to Rapscallion let's just try to kill net guys" and TS was adamant that we could catch up (Which we did), well goes to show I was wrong XD

And like Firetooth, I can say that I agree with the choices too, look forward to seeing this again next round  :)

The Lady Shael

The "Marlfox 3" (TS, Sharptooth, and Vargarth) definitely deserved recognition. I think another reason that TS' team playing abilities stood out amongst the others was that he stayed positive and optimistic the whole time. Other players did try to rally their fellow clan members but got discouraged and complained about people not participating.

Flitchaye deserves a little more credit too, Uiblis and Revelation just got the short stick with clan members.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sharptooh

Quote from: The Lady Shael on April 29, 2011, 02:39:01 PM
Flitchaye deserves a little more credit too, Uiblis and Revelation just got the short stick with clan members.

Considering the situations Uiblis, Revelation, Genevieve and Ahsy were in (I may have forgotten some others) they all did very well

I mean I always remember every storehouse round I've played having some kind of bias in the way of having a team that's always better than the others but this round was the worst I can remember by far, although saying that it also made it a lot more interesting, I have to say this has probably been one of the best rounds that I can remember.

Pac-man

I remember feeling very discouraged at the begining of the round, thinking that I would never get the hang of RWL, and that I always seemed to be losing. In fact, I almost considered deleting and creating a new warlord later on, in hopes of getting a different clan. Due to the amazing encouragment of TS, Sharptooth, and Varg, however, I decided to give it my best. Thanks, guys.

This was by far the round that has been the most fun for me--I also learned more in these thirty days than in my previous 4 months. Thanks for teaching me, TS, Sharptooth and Varg.

Oh, and thank you so much for the award, Shael!
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Sharptooh

Glad you enjoyed the round Pac-man  :) and I'm glad my ramblings in the forums and over the message system got through to someone :D

Quote from: Pac-man on April 29, 2011, 03:32:23 PM
I remember feeling very discouraged at the begining of the round, thinking that I would never get the hang of RWL

I think a lot of people feel like that when they first start out (I know I did for a bit) but don't worry, some things are easier than they seem, and soon enough things will almost become like a second nature to you (I know they have for me)

Also (following on from Pac-man) thank you also for my award Shael, (I apologise that I didn't do this in my first post)

Twilight Shadow

Congrats for everyone in the round and for those who got the awards. Thanks Shael! ;D

Uiblis

Good round, guys.

Thank you, Shael, for the award.

I wasn't too disappointed with the outcome of the round, considering the situation.

The only thing I got a bit annoyed about was that somehow my ratio dropped to 33 after taking a few turns (not smart).
I didn't get attacked with leaders, and nobody attempted any captures, so I'm still not sure how I lost over 3 million leaders in an hour :P
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Kyrolin Zenyar

Hey, you can talk.  I had 8 leaders at one point.  :P
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Uiblis

I'm pretty sure everyone had 0 leaders at some point *cough* *the beginning* in the round, Kyrolin...

Shadow

there is no stable building configuration that gives you 8 leaders. It can't possibly have lasted more than a turn.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

I'm pretty sure he was joking, Shadow. lol

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..