Unknown quantity

Started by Firetooth, May 02, 2011, 12:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

This guy is probably Sevah, seeing as they have no sense of "honour." They broke protection at an ideal time at a stoat and got good land to get a large amount of leaders+towers. All day they have been gaining land and camping online so if anybody took land they could hit them back. As soon as I broke through with rats to run, they failed a murder and engaged in a pointless online war.

This is a warning to them and any associates of them. Continue your supposed hardcoreness whilst using lame tactics such as onlining and camping, and bad things will happen. (also no I did not online Unknown quantity. If you camp at your computer with the intent to protect your land from others, I don't consider it onlining)

Edit: Shortly after ranting at me for "onlining" him, he onlined another warlord. ::)

Another edit:
Mon, 02 May 2011 12:04:54 -0600
From Unknown Quantity (#12) (?)
Shadow deliberatly hit me as i retarted after you onlined me. Pack of losers. Im a nasty player but i'm not a dog onliner. I'm deleting

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:54:50 -0600
It's 550. Either way, you're on your second run of the day, and you've been locking the land and continually taking land each time anybody gathers (me and happy pony raiser) so nobody else could use it.

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:53:32 -0600
I started using my 450turns.

227 to go.

Shut up

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:51:32 -0600
Oh give it a rest, you've already run, you're sitting on spare turns and waiting to use em.

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:49:44 -0600
I was moving only upwards ready to move offline

You're a jerk, i thought you were involved in the team but i guess not. You'll lose.

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:48:20 -0600
Quit lieing through your teeth. You started on 32k then jumped to 39k earlier. 20inutes or so later you jumped a k. You're just butthurt your faillock is gone.

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:46:31 -0600
Dude, the moment i was turning you hit me. Thanks jerk I was waiting for ages to run now i'm about to go offline

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:45:35 -0600
Huh? You weren't running, you've been using turns all day, you were just increasing your substantial land lock. Don't try and be all hardcore then whine when you lose your lock.

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:44:41 -0600
Onlining me the moment i move was dog act.

Mon, 02 May 2011 11:43:35 -0600
Hmm? Quit camping at your computer to defend your land, lol. Failing murders and guerrilla strikes aren't going to get you anywhere.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Trying to lock land this early in the game (especially with this theme) is just asking for harsher-than-normal retaliation.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 02, 2011, 01:04:11 PM
Trying to lock land this early in the game (especially with this theme) is just asking for harsher-than-normal retaliation.
Exactly, and the fact he was camping online nearly all day made him literally beg for it. Being sevz, he responded with insults and accusing me of cowardice. ::)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Neobaron

What is the point of this thread other than to defame Sevah?

Are you even sure it's Sevah?
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Firetooth

Quote from: Neobaron on May 02, 2011, 01:31:10 PM

A) Yes
B) It was to warn him to stop....but then he just said he'd delete, so the point is slightly moot.

It was also making the enemy appear incompetent/in the wrong. Which is a diplomatic topic. WHen I mad the thread, I wasn't even certain it was Sevah, so there's no way this was intended as a flame thread.

Neobaron

I understand what you were trying to do.

However, this can easily be construed as more-of-the-same petty shots.

Tip? Be more theatric in your presentation of things like this and include a little ambiguity. It adds to the flavor of the topic and keeps everyone interested, as well as dispelling the possibility of it being personal.

Firetooth

Quote from: Neobaron on May 02, 2011, 01:39:10 PM
I understand what you were trying to do.

However, this can easily be construed as more-of-the-same petty shots.

Tip? Be more theatric in your presentation of things like this and include a little ambiguity. It adds to the flavor of the topic and keeps everyone interested, as well as dispelling the possibility of it being personal.

Everybody knows I dislike Sevah, every post I make towards him could be viewed as a petty shot by some. (probably cos too many are, heh)

Theatric? You mean as in a roleplay, possibly? Maybe that would be a less personal way to present it.

Neobaron

QuoteTheatric? You mean as in a roleplay, possibly? Maybe that would be a less personal way to present it.

Exactly.

I mean don't say you're like a rat or something lame like that, but adopting the persona you would like to be viewed as having in this particular situation would certainly help in a lot of ways.

You will never see me call out forum names, for example, in a post directed at reg policy and actions.

Firetooth

Quote from: Neobaron on May 02, 2011, 01:46:26 PM
QuoteTheatric? You mean as in a roleplay, possibly? Maybe that would be a less personal way to present it.

Exactly.

I mean don't say you're like a rat or something lame like that, but adopting the persona you would like to be viewed as having in this particular situation would certainly help in a lot of ways.

You will never see me call out forum names, for example, in a post directed at reg policy and actions.
Interesting, I'll take it into account. I've done RP ingame before, but that would probably detract from the point here, and Sevz would probably call me a loser for RP'ing or something.

plus I'm a pretty bad RP'er...

Neobaron

QuoteInteresting, I'll take it into account. I've done RP ingame before, but that would probably detract from the point here, and Sevz would probably call me a loser for RP'ing or something.

If someone gets nasty upon the realization that you're talking about them, you've accomplished 2 things:

1) The individual outed themself for you. You didn't need to do it.
2) You have not engaged in any nastiness yourself.

It really opens up a world of possibilities in diplomatic relations, too. Bluffing of various kinds is a personal favorite.

wolf bite

Here, let me try to rewrite your post. Fun, easy to ready and inviting for others:

Do I need for the commander to fall asleep before I take my turns? Gezzz this guy Unknown Quantity has been camping on line with all the land for hours. Finally when I took a small bit he online defended it! How long after finishing a run can someone still claim to be "running"? ~ Firetooth
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Quote from: wolf bite on May 02, 2011, 01:53:11 PM
Here, let me try to rewrite your post. Fun, easy to ready and inviting for others:

Do I need for the commander to fall asleep before I take my turns? Gezzz this guy Unknown Quantity has been camping on line with all the land for hours. Finally when I took a small bit he online defended it! How long after finishing a run can someone still claim to be "running"? ~ Firetooth
Nice stuff. I'll keep this in mind for the rest of the round.

Holby

Quote from: Firetooth on May 02, 2011, 01:35:43 PM
Quote from: Neobaron on May 02, 2011, 01:31:10 PM

A) Yes
B) It was to warn him to stop....but then he just said he'd delete, so the point is slightly moot.

It was also making the enemy appear incompetent/in the wrong. Which is a diplomatic topic. WHen I mad the thread, I wasn't even certain it was Sevah, so there's no way this was intended as a flame thread.
I don't know, I think you came off worse in this encounter.

I think it's clever play to wait online, scraping up bit by bit early in the round. It certainly hasn't been successful since Josh days, but it's a bold move, and I respect it.

You really need to chill out!

I will not deleted this