Official Role-playing Rules (Read First before posting)

Started by The Lady Shael, May 20, 2011, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Please read the following role-playing rules. This may be added to later on.

1. Use proper English. Please do your best to use correct spelling and grammar and do not use shortcuts like "ur" for "your" or "2" for "to", etc.

2. No god-moding. Do not take control of any other person's characters. You cannot force them to do an action against their will.

3. Stay accurate. Remember this is set in the Redwallian universe, which is set in medieval times. Thus, no tanks or guns or modern technology.

4. No Mary-Sues. There is no such thing as a perfect character, every character has their flaws. Do not give your character super-strength, super-intelligence, super-everything-else because that's just not realistic.

5. Keep to a PG-13 Level. No extreme language, adult themes, or graphic violence.

Character profiles are not necessary, but if you do not post one beforehand, make sure your role-play post includes a sufficient description of your character so others know how to interact with them.

It is recommended that your role-play is related to in-game RWL events, but not required.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kyrolin Zenyar

What!  No tanks?!  OK, I'm outta here.  I just SO want to see Redwall besieged by tanks!
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

The Lady Shael

Thanks, Krowdon, yes, keep all roleplay posts PG-13 (although that really goes for any post on this forum).
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Firetooth

I don't think PG-13 is the right term, unless language, partial nudity and sex are alright for the forums.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Quote from: Firetooth on May 20, 2011, 01:39:56 PM
I don't think PG-13 is the right term, unless language, partial nudity and sex are alright for the forums.

Then PG. And usually our characters are animals anyway. They're naked all the time. Nudity doesnt count. And sex is a big no no.

The only one I usually associate with PG-13 is swearing. I've yet to see a PG-13 movie that involves sex. (usually implies that it happened, but doesnt show it. Of course, I dont get around to movies a lot)
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Kilkenne

My RP guy wears clothes, thank you very much. Krowdon is just a nudist.

The Lady Shael

Sure, I can change it to PG. I was thinking PG-13 more along the lines of violence, I would think a PG-rating on roleplay violence would restrict us too much.

Krowdon

Quote from: Kilkenne on May 20, 2011, 01:59:20 PM
My RP guy wears clothes, thank you very much. Krowdon is just a nudist.

she wears clothing. Im not saying she walks around naked, that'd be a little weird. Im just saying I dont think nudity applies to animals. And this is a forum, so unless someone posted a picture or got /really/ descriptive, nudity wouldnt count.

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 20, 2011, 02:01:46 PM
Sure, I can change it to PG. I was thinking PG-13 more along the lines of violence, I would think a PG-rating on roleplay violence would restrict us too much.

I think PG-13 is fine, because the rules on language and sexual themes apply to the entire forum as a whole, so leaving it PG13 for violence is fine.

Twilight Shadow

Agreed! For the sex, nudity and language its in the forum roles...basically so I think we should be able to judge it correctly

Also my character wears clothes lol

(sidenote....Should we make a RP where it could be like a book Brian Jacques wrote...we organize the idea, plot and which side everyone is on...I think it would be fun and dedicate it to him. Something to do but we don't have to...it is summer so I am a little bored haha)

Krowdon

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on May 20, 2011, 02:07:15 PM
Agreed! For the sex, nudity and language its in the forum roles...basically so I think we should be able to judge it correctly

Also my character wears clothes lol

(sidenote....Should we make a RP where it could be like a book Brian Jacques wrote...we organize the idea, plot and which side everyone is on...I think it would be fun and dedicate it to him. Something to do but we don't have to...it is summer so I am a little bored haha)

Cute idea! I can work with you on that. Im not a fantastic writer, but we can at least organize something.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on May 20, 2011, 02:07:15 PM

I think that'd be a great idea, TS.  :) I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to help plan it out.

Kilkenne

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Krowdon on May 20, 2011, 02:12:28 PM

Cute idea! I can work with you on that. Im not a fantastic writer, but we can at least organize something.

Cute?! Seriously cute...thanks!

Obviously I am clearly not the best writer around these parts either.

@Shael where to make a topic for what to do? Polls/General/News/Spa???

The Lady Shael

It's okay to make the discussion/planning topic here in the role-play forum, but I don't think many of the older members still look at this forum. This is probably still the best location for it though.